PickSaw or Shroomite digging claw

Which one

• Picksaw

• Digging claw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tecuser

Skeletron Prime
This is just a poll to see if you like the picksaw or digging claw better I pers like the digging claw better

Depends.

Digging claws are fast but have a bad range.

Picksaw is a good overall choice.
A mixture between shroomite and spectre.

Both, I keep the digging claws for digging dirt but if I come across stuff like Chlorophyte or the jungle temple I will use the picksaw, the picksaw is also useful for when I need to get things that are out of my reach.

Have no idea why this is cross platform discussion... Sense no mobile or console users can get it without modifying their device...
Either way I'll contribute anyways (no fun in just being a downer). The picksaw wins by default!

Well, assuming both have the 'light' modifier (Should be a safe assumption), since you can't dig faster than 1 block per frame, or 60 blocks per second, then the real difference is whether you're willing to sacrifice being able to wear your armor for the +2 (composite) reach. Since you're basically a god at that point in the game even with :red: armor, it's not much of a contest.

Well, assuming both have the 'light' modifier (Should be a safe assumption), since you can't dig faster than 1 block per frame, or 60 blocks per second, then the real difference is whether you're willing to sacrifice being able to wear your armor for the +2 (composite) reach. Since you're basically a god at that point in the game even with :red: armor, it's not much of a contest.

Wait what.

What does this post even MEAN?

I really like Shroomite Claws, they look cool and awesome, great damage and minning speed.
Who care it does have lesser minning range?

Usually I use Light Shroomite Claws. If I am going to the Chlorophyte farm or going to another world's Jungle Temple to get traps I take my Light Picksaw.

Wait what.

What does this post even MEAN?
I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Basically, the maximum possible mining speed is one block per frame the game runs at. It runs at a maximum of 60 frames per second, meaning the maximum possible mining speed is 60 blocks per second. The 'light' modifier on either the picksaw or the gloves will reduce their tool speed from 6 and 4, respectively, to 5 and 3 (in other words, make them work faster). For the gloves, you can hit that maximum mining speed by getting a total mining speed bonus of 40%. For the picksaw, you need a mining speed bonus of 70%. In other words, for the gloves, you can get up to the maximum mining speed by using a mining potion (25%) and sun, moon, or celestial stone (15%). For the picksaw, you need a mining potion (25%), sun/moon/celestial stone (15%), and a mining outfit (30%) to achieve the same results. So, the question comes down to whether you want to wear your own armor, and suffer from a -1 effect to your reach, or wear the mining outfit, and have a +1 effect to your reach. Alternately, you could assume you're wearing a mining outfit regardless, which would mean the picksaw needs mining potions to be as fast as the gloves. Here's a TO post, if you want more info. http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/mining-speed-and-you.159635/

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Basically, the maximum possible mining speed is one block per frame the game runs at. It runs at a maximum of 60 frames per second, meaning the maximum possible mining speed is 60 blocks per second. The 'light' modifier on either the picksaw or the gloves will reduce their tool speed from 6 and 4, respectively, to 5 and 3 (in other words, make them work faster). For the gloves, you can hit that maximum mining speed by getting a total mining speed bonus of 40%. For the picksaw, you need a mining speed bonus of 70%. In other words, for the gloves, you can get up to the maximum mining speed by using a mining potion (25%) and sun, moon, or celestial stone (15%). For the picksaw, you need a mining potion (25%), sun/moon/celestial stone (15%), and a mining outfit (30%) to achieve the same results. So, the question comes down to whether you want to wear your own armor, and suffer from a -1 effect to your reach, or wear the mining outfit, and have a +1 effect to your reach. Alternately, you could assume you're wearing a mining outfit regardless, which would mean the picksaw needs mining potions to be as fast as the gloves. Here's a TO post, if you want more info. http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/mining-speed-and-you.159635/

Ok thank you for the explanation...

So basically, it really comes down to armor at the end...

Well, at the very endgame you dont really need armor to tank the enemies damage, if you are even able to get damaged in the first place that is. So unless there is a boss around (Which is unlikely, since bosses dont suddenly show up when you have beaten them all already, and you are just trying to build something), you really dont NEED armor...

Seems like it all comes to just using the mining potion then if you want to have the best possible mining ( Max. Speed as well as +1 reach, and begin able to mine EVERYTHING in the entire game).

I like the digging claws better because I don't want to have to change armour and i don't use potions but I'm okay with spending some money for the light prefix (I have like 9 afk farms for money(I don't even wanna count))

Back
Top Bottom