Resolved [Mobile] Pickup Range - Amazon vs Google

Dangedifiknow

Empress of Light
A few years ago I bought the Amazon version of Terraria. A couple days ago I uninstalled the Amazon version and bought the Google version. I really like a lot about this latest update. However there is a big difference in item pickup range. The Google version is way shorter. I do have the Google version set to increased placement range. In both versions I used the same player and world. Here's screenshots to show the difference in pickup range using the same player & accessories:

(Amazon) Where I'm on the platform, I can toss an item & it will pickup.
1 Amazon Pickup Range.jpeg

(Google) I'm really close to the item & it's still not being picked up.
4 Google Pickup Range.jpeg

2 Amazon Version.jpeg

6 Google Folder On Device.jpeg
5 Google Version.jpeg

6 Google Folder On Device.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is a setting I'm missing, a difference in the two, a change made with the update or something else. Any help clarifying or helping me figure out how to increase the Google Pickup Range would be appreciated. I already know about accessories that increase the range. Thanks!

A few years ago I bought the Amazon version of Terraria. A couple days ago I uninstalled the Amazon version and bought the Google version. I really like a lot about this latest update. However there is a big difference in item pickup range. The Google version is way shorter. I do have the Google version set to increased placement range. In both versions I used the same player and world. Here's screenshots to show the difference in pickup range using the same player & accessories:

(Amazon) Where I'm on the platform, I can toss an item & it will pickup.
View attachment 367618
(Google) I'm really close to the item & it's still not being picked up.
View attachment 367619

I'm not sure if this is a setting I'm missing, a difference in the two, a change made with the update or something else. Any help clarifying or helping me figure out how to increase the Google Pickup Range would be appreciated. I already know about accessories that increase the range. Thanks!
Amazon seems to not have gotten 1.4.3 yet, and the pickup range increases with the increased placement range which was a bug.
You do have increased pickup range on in the amazon one right?

Amazon seems to not have gotten 1.4.3 yet, and the pickup range increases with the increased placement range which was a bug.
You do have increased pickup range on in the amazon one right?
No, Amazon hasn't been updated yet even though the wiki page says it has been. I had the increased pickup range with Amazon. With the Google version that does have the update, the pickup range is quite a bit less. I used the exact same player (same accessories, etc) & world in both.
The placement range seems to be the same. The pickup range is not.

No, Amazon hasn't been updated yet even though the wiki page says it has been. I had the increased pickup range with Amazon. With the Google version that does have the update, the pickup range is quite a bit less. I used the exact same player (same accessories, etc) & world in both.
The placement range seems to be the same. The pickup range is not.
Ok, so in 1.4.0.5.2 there was a bug that made it so when you had increased placement range turned on, it also increased the pickup range to be a magnet accessory, so nothing is wrong here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom