tModLoader Piercing Projectile Fix

This is a simple mod that enables projectiles that use normal piercing to hit a target without rendering it invulnerable to the player's other projectiles.

For example, let's say you tried to use Meteor Shot in a Boomstick. With the vanilla behavior, this would happen:
piercing_1.png

Only one would connect, and the rest would pass through. The reason for this is because the vanilla behavior for piercing projectiles renders the target immune to the player's projectiles for 10 frames (1/6 of a second). For some mods, including well-known mods like Calamity and Thorium, this causes some weapons/armors to function incorrectly or not at all (such as Thorium's Pyromancer mage armor, which creates a gigantic piercing projectile for its set effect). With this mod, however, the result is this:
piercing_2.png

All projectiles connect with the target. This fixes the aforementioned Pyromancer oversight and any related oversight; it also allows piercing ammo like Meteor Shot to be used in shotguns and fast-firing weapons without any issue. Note that it only affects projectiles using the vanilla piercing behavior; any nonstandard behavior, such as the Last Prism's piercing laser, will not be changed. It should work with all modded projectiles given that circumstance, but if a projectile is relying on vanilla piercing behavior to function correctly, this may cause issues; I don't know of any projectiles that function like that off the top of my head, though.

Download Link

Version History:
1.0 - Release.
1.1 - Adjusted minion behavior to work correctly with the new piercing mechanics.
1.2 - Added a list of projectiles exempt from the fix, to prevent flamethrower-like weapons from being overpowered.
Can you fix Yoyo Glove and Yoyo Bag i-frame problem?

Back
Top Bottom