Game Mechanics Pillar Weapons Endgame Balance

Mug Not Found

Terrarian
I doubt I'm the first to think that having 8 different weapons (or 6 if we're not counting stardust weapons) with fun and interesting properties only be useful for this very short period of the game is kind of annoying. I think it's fair to say that the lunar events weapons get outclassed very easily by endgame weapons which would benefit from having variety themselves so I came up with a solution, when wearing endgame armour the weapons themed around it get buffed.

This fixes 3 issues:
- Lunar weapons are no longer useless the moment you get your favoured Moon Lord weapon drop
- Endgame loadouts get the variety they deserve
- If the player doesn't get the Moon Lord drop by the time the get lunar armour they can speed up the grind

It would likely need heaps of testing for balancing though, I'm unsure how well these weapons would perform.

Cool, could you list some of those properties, please?

Because I like your idea of giving those items some buffs, but what would these buffs exactly be?
I think it would basically just be damage, with each weapon having a different bonus. The point of this would be having those weapons carry over with no changes major which is why I said "I'm unsure how well these weapons would perform", but I don't think anyone would complain about a bit of extra speed on the Solar Flare or a few more Phantasm arrows.

This is a cool suggestion, though I disagree that lunar weapons being outclassed is a bad thing. Just because ML drops generally deal more damage, does not mean lunar weapons automatically deal no damage: solar eruption is still a strong, safe weapon that covers a wide area; daybreak, phantasm, vortex beater and nebula blaze still deal unholy amounts of single-target DPS, and nebula arcanum is still a beast all around. Just because one weapon is better than the other, doesn't mean the other weapon is automatically useless.
You do make a good point about the ML grinding though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom