NPCs & Enemies Pinky and the Lost Girl

So what do toy think. Which one choices do you like?

• Pink Gel

• Pink Slime Staff

• Pink Slime Gun

• Pinky Banner

• Lost Girl NPC

• Changling Cameo

• Lost Girl Vanity / Wig / Hairstyle

• Other (Please post.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ilmarinen

Terrarian
Pink Gel confirmed for Smash 1.3. Thanks Cenx and Redigit!

[ I Finally got this done. Please give any comments/suggestions/additions/criticisms. ]

I love the rare mobs but it seems a couple of them have gotten the short end of the loot stick.

For the purposes of illustration:

Doctor Bones drops a Archaeologist's Hat
The Groom drops a Top Hat
Tim drops his Wizard Hat (a nice piece of magic armor btw)
The Rune Wizard drops his Rune Outfit
Wyverns drop Souls of Flight
Rainbow Slimes drop Rainbow blocks
The Clown sometimes drops Bananarangs AND unlocks the Clown Outfit
Frost Golems drop Frost Cores and sometimes a Frost Staff or Ice Feather
The Paladin sometimes drops his Shield or his Hammer
and Mimics and Ice Mimics drop a whole table of different loot including a pet!

On the other side:

The Lost Girl drops her banner (and we all know how rare banners are, not that it isn't appreciated)
and poor Pinky has the same loot table as every generic slime (that gold coin is nice though).

So here are some possible suggestions to rectify this:

PINKY

Proposal one- PINK GEL

Pink Gel :
Pink Gel.png
Drops 30 to 40. Usable as a crafting material:

Pink Slime Block:
Pink Slime Block.png
Made at the Solidifier from one pink gel. Jumping on a Pink Slime Block causes you (as well as any mobs or NPC's) to bounce around uncontrollably. Negates Fall Damage.

Bouncy Grenade:
Bouncy Grenade.png
Just like the regular grenade but it bounces on contact with solid blocks, allowing for banking attacks.
Recipe: One pink gel + five Grenades (Makes five).

Bouncy Bomb:
Bouncy Bomb.png
Also, just like a regular bomb but it bounces on contact with solid blocks, allowing for banking attacks. Recipe: One pink gel + one bomb.

Pink Torch:
Pink Torch.png
Just like a regular torch but a lovely pink color. Recipe: One pink gel + three wood (Makes three).

Pink Glow Stick:
Pink Glowstick.png
It floats neutrally buoyant in water instead of sinking. Recipe: One pink gel + five Glowsticks (Makes five).

Peace Candle:
Peace Candle.png
Made from 10 pink gel and one Water Candle. When placed or held a Peace Candle decreases enemy spawning rates. Effects stack with both placed and held Candle, as well as with the Calming Potion.

*note Proposals Two and Three could be combined with Proposal One, with pink gel being combined with the Slime Staff and Slime Gun, respectively.*

---------------------
Proposal Two - Pink Slime Staff
Pink Slime Staff:
Pink Slime Staff.png
Dropped by Pinky. Summons Lil' Sister Slime which, while only doing minimal damage, deals a walloping massive amount of knockback.
Basically a defensive version of the regular Baby Slime.
Lil' Sis Slime.png

Damage 1
Knockback 20

-------------------------
Proposal Three - Pink Slime Gun

Pink Slime Gun:
Pink Slime Gun.png
An alternate version of the regular Slime Gun. Inflicts both the Slime defuff AND the Love Buff.

---------------------
Proposal Four - Pinky Banner

Pinky Banner
Pinky, at the very least, needs a banner.
---------------------

THE LOST GIRL

Nymph Charm:

Nymph Charm.png

Tool Tip: "She isn't a terrible person"
Accessory. Dropped by Lost Girl / Nymph. Equipping this will prevent the Lost Girl from changing into her Nymph form and allow trade with her.
It also greatly increases her spawning chance and allows her to spawn on the surface, most commonly in invalid housing (i.e. missing light source/chair/flat surface).

Specifically, the Nymph Charm would give a spawn chance for a NPC version of the Lost Girl that uses the same sprite but has Passive AI and is distinct, coding wise, from the
Lost Girl/Nymph MOB that uses Bound AI/Fighter AI. Basically, equipping the Nymph Charm would prevent the regular Lost Girl from spawning and open up a chance for the
friendly Lost Girl to spawn (with her different spawning conditions) as long as it's worn.

But here the thing, The Lost Girl's prices aren't exactly "reasonable", however you can temporarily lower her prices by beating her in a game of Hide and Seek.
Choosing this causes both you and the Lost Girl to be teleported to separate, random locations and you have a time limit to find her to win, or else
it becomes her turn and she comes after you...in her Nymph form!

I still like the quest part of and "finding your way" part, so instead of a Hide and Seek quest what about an Orienteering quest.

You get teleported to a random location (via a Teleportation Potion effect) and you receive a unique timer "debuff" that requires you to make it back to the Lost Girl in time to win. Obviously using a Magic Mirror/Recall Potion or Relogging will cancel the debuff and cause you to lose. (For the sake of fun let's say that
using a Teleportation Potion or a Teleporter won't cancel the debuff.)

Nymph's Inventory:

1. Moss Seed (Always available)
Moss Seeds.png

2. Moss Staff x 5 (Post Skeletron)
Moss Staves.png

3. Gems including Amber (Rare, Randomly sold)

4. Nymph Claws.
Nymph Claws.png
Melee. Broadsword / Pickaxe. Close range and very fast (like Bladed Glove) also functions as a Copper tier pickaxe. (Randomly sold)

5. Gem Shot:
gem shot.png
Uses Gems as ammo (with damage based on the rarity of gem). Crossbow. Slow Speed. Shot heavily affected by gravity. 50% Chance not to consume ammo.
Splash damage like Crystal Storm/Crystal Bullet (Randomly sold)

6. Changling Cameo:
Nymph Cameo.png
Tool Tip: "Wait... what did I Summon?!"
Accessory. Equipping this will cause any summoning staff to instead summon three mischievous Changling Nymphs instead of it's normal summon.
Changlings.png

The Changlings utilize the base damage and knockback of the staff that summoned them, but they have their
own AI. They stay within 10 to 15 blocks of the Player and won't follow enemies farther. They can jump about as well as the Player (without movement
accessories) and cannot fly. If the base summon has a projectile attack they will use a rock throw attack that's fairly short range and effected by gravity.
The Changling function mostly as a defensive summon.

Slime Staff:
Changlings S.png

Pink Slime Staff:
Changlings S-P.png

Hornet Staff:
Changlings H.png

Imp Staff:
Changlings I.png

Spider Staff:
Changlings Sp.png

Pirate Staff:
Changlings P.png

Optic Staff :
Changlings Tw.png

Pygmy Staff:
Changlings Py.png

Raven Staff:
Changlings R.png

Tempest Staff:
Changlings Sh.png

-----------------------
***Bonus Proposal***

Lost Girl Vanity: Admittedly this might not fly, but even a Nymph wig would be neat. It could even be a "Godiva" type wig that covered all the essential areas.

Alternately an unlockable Lost Girl hairstyle from the Stylist...

--------
I have done nothing but edit sprites for THREE days.
--------

Last edited:
This is an interesting idea.
I like all of the items, but how would the game decide sales randomly?

I was thinking the same way the Travelling Merchant has random inventory.
I'm not sure how he's coded, but his wares seem to be truly random and not just based on moon phase or something.

Density creates weight and Pinky has the worst knockback resistance in the game. This means Pinky is the least dense enemy in the game. But I am willing to shoot down more theories and conjectures if you have any.

Also, just out of the blue.... do slimes even have genders? I mean, just because its pink means nothing.

Density creates weight and Pinky has the worst knockback resistance in the game. This means Pinky is the least dense enemy in the game. But I am willing to shoot down more theories and conjectures if you have any.

Also, just out of the blue.... do slimes even have genders? I mean, just because its pink means nothing.
proper game mechanics over proper physics.

"it's small" is a piss poor reason to not have it drop a fair amount of gel. because it's a rare enemy.

I would love to do more with the Lost Girl, but I don't think I would want her moving into my town. She is a mob and if she attacks when you aren't wearing that Nymph Charm charm then she could hurt your villagers if you remove it.

I would love to do more with the Lost Girl, but I don't think I would want her moving into my town. She is a mob and if she attacks when you aren't wearing that Nymph Charm charm then she could hurt your villagers if you remove it.

True, a mob is hard to turn into an NPC,
---------
But the Pinky drops looks interesting, only that the gel
may drop too much compare to its size, just as the others said,
(Thats some cute Pink Slime :) )

I would like to see a lot of these ideas in the game to be honest with you. While some of these wouldn't be used horribly often, mostly from the Pinky section, due to rarity of most of the things used, these are still interesting concepts. I would like some Pink slime things to show that I had encountered and beaten Pinky before.

As for the Nymph, it's an interesting concept. I would like to be able to grow Moss and such. I could go without the changlings, but other than that, I would like to see pretty much all of these in the game!

Back
Top Bottom