tModLoader Pinky's content pack

If i want to fight mind god should i have the void titanite set or any better items? some of the attacks on mind god are charge attacks so you can't dodge them except with an insanely quick rod of discord, also the huge barrier will randomly spawn as an attack so i often end up dodging into them, how far should i be in the game to fight him?

Last edited:
If i want to fight mind god should i have the void titanite set or any better items? some of the attacks on mind god are charge attacks so you can't dodge them except with an insanely quick rod of discord, also the huge barrier will randomly spawn as an attack so i often end up dodging into them, how far should i be in the game to fight him?
Post ML ye, Void Titanite is what I used when I test fought him so its fine. Its really dealing enough damage to make up for health loss - you cannot win a endurance battle against him. I recommend Cosmic Superwind. The Mind God's charge attacks are telegraphed, those where he seemingly straight up flies into you is because he isn't actually trying to charge, hes trying to stay above you but you may be trying to stay above him as well. I think techniques against Sunlight Trader work against him, except everything is sped up.

Thanks! Your mod is amazing BTW, I absolutely adore every single weapon and boss in this mod, and all of the weapons have awesome effects! my favorite is the stellaris, it looks great and the particle effects are awesome!

Thanks! Your mod is amazing BTW, I absolutely adore every single weapon and boss in this mod, and all of the weapons have awesome effects! my favorite is the stellaris, it looks great and the particle effects are awesome!
Thanks! By the way, once you have defeated MG, get the stellaris and dawning star upgrades. And then get blown away.

ForDaemonkind.png

Experimenting with a new series of summons that act more like a weapon than minions. Hovering over the item summons the 'minions' to fight for you(they have a separate minion slot counter) but they are only active when you are holding the items. Also, you left click to command the minions to fire instead of them going to town on whatever is nearby. Expect more in the next update!

Mod Suggestion: Add an item that increases spawnrates for the Gemihive for around a minute randomly dropped with a low percentage from hallowed enemies, sorta like the Strider's Tear from Thorium Mod that increases the spawn rates for the Borean Strider boss.

I've been waiting for this ever since I started playing terraria. :pinky::pinky::pinky:
:pinky:

Mod Suggestion: Add an item that increases spawnrates for the Gemihive for around a minute randomly dropped with a low percentage from hallowed enemies, sorta like the Strider's Tear from Thorium Mod that increases the spawn rates for the Borean Strider boss.
Good idea! I'll see to it that it is implemented.

Also, one more mod theme is coming. It's not a major theme for any of the bosses, rather a background ost for one of the upcoming missions. IDK if this mission will be in the next update, but the song will probably be done soon after I complete it's second review/critique round.

So I'm nearly the end of my most recent playthrough and gave this mod a go. Honestly, it's really good, but most first mods are when the authors are very passionate about them.

However one thing that I wasn't expecting were the bosses... They're hard, like, really hard.
I can only recall asking myself "Why am I fighting providence in pre-hardmode?" When I died to the Sunlight Trader.
Heart of the Cavern... Better final prehard mode boss than the wall. Or atleast alot harder than the wall.
Or how in the world I'm suppose to avoid all shots from Valdaris without nurse-cheesing (which is what I did)
And finally... How the F*ck are you suppose to kill the gatekeepers before Golem? Their body segments have so much defense that nothing that wasn't piecing was ineffective (which was, most of my arsenal... Thrower doesn't get love) which leaves their heads... At a whopping 175,000 HP EACH. And then sudden phase 2, no, just nope, Coming back to this one after Moonlord...

Don't get me wrong I love a challenge and maybe it's just me for playing thrower this game, but wowee. I mean I had zero problems killing anything else, base game or modded in this play through.
Donno if they're meant to be "F*ck you" levels of difficult or i missed something important. (Whenever I played Calamity, I always did Revengance mode, so I'm no push over)

On the plus side the expert mode drops are so worth it.

EDIT: Also does Valdaris reward you if you really quit the game when she asks you to?

So I'm nearly the end of my most recent playthrough and gave this mod a go. Honestly, it's really good, but most first mods are when the authors are very passionate about them.

However one thing that I wasn't expecting were the bosses... They're hard, like, really hard.
I can only recall asking myself "Why am I fighting providence in pre-hardmode?" When I died to the Sunlight Trader.
Heart of the Cavern... Better final prehard mode boss than the wall. Or atleast alot harder than the wall.
Or how in the world I'm suppose to avoid all shots from Valdaris without nurse-cheesing (which is what I did)
And finally... How the F*ck are you suppose to kill the gatekeepers before Golem? Their body segments have so much defense that nothing that wasn't piecing was ineffective (which was, most of my arsenal... Thrower doesn't get love) which leaves their heads... At a whopping 175,000 HP EACH. And then sudden phase 2, no, just nope, Coming back to this one after Moonlord...

Don't get me wrong I love a challenge and maybe it's just me for playing thrower this game, but wowee. I mean I had zero problems killing anything else, base game or modded in this play through.
Donno if they're meant to be "F*ck you" levels of difficult or i missed something important. (Whenever I played Calamity, I always did Revengance mode, so I'm no push over)

EDIT: Also does Valdaris reward you if you really quit the game when she asks you to?
Gatekeepers are incredibly easy pre-Golem with a certain weapon called the Sunspot Scorcher, the arrows turn into lasers that pierce 10 enemies which is great for worm type enemies like the gatekeepers. OH yeah... and it has 138 base damage which obviously increases with good armor and accessories, the more projectiles you have the more damage you'll do simply because of their defense. Good luck.

I do know the bosses are tough, I do have a difficult time fighting them too. Alot of people like ST's current difficulty, so I am afraid I cant change that without too much controversy. I actually designed these bosses to kick calamity bosses into dirt, for the matter. As for HOTC, if he ever finds out that I made any changes if any, the guy who thought of the boss idea would butcher me whole cos hes uh... kinda harpyish in mental cognition. For Gatekeepers, try Blazewing or Enlightened Enchantment lol, or of course you could wait until post ML tho.

ANDDDD, Val is a boy. Yes. Oh and he doesnt give no reward yet, but others have expressed a want for such a feature so I might implement it. Its kinda strange though, like Val will reward the player for leaving him alone even though it was the players fault for murdering Harpies in the first place. Anyways, thanks for the feedback

Is there any possibility of a fix to the Enigma mod conflict within the upcoming patch ?
No. I would love to, but me and Laugic cant find anything yet. This is a very strange case indeed.

Well I was kinda close to beating HOTC when he just, flew off into the wall...
I'm not opposed to the difficulty here, as I said before I love a challenge, it was just unexpected.
I make stuff like this for other games and people tell me "oh your stuff can't be beaten by casuals so we gotta balance it"

I actually designed these bosses to kick calamity bosses into dirt

Hell ya.
Guess I should save Mind God After I've killed every single other boss before. Good to know.

None the less, don't take me the wrong way, it's a really good mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom