tModLoader Pinky's content pack

"Cue Desert Avian Village here"

I feel like Starbound is a big source of inspiration for this.
Looks fantastic otherwise, I like me some exotic world gen!

Yes, Starbound is the inspiration. But its beyond world gen. Simply put, since you know starbound, this is basically the starbound mission system fully implemented in Terraria.

Seems like a great way to get building materials in pre-hardmode ;)
Unfortunately, since the structure cannot be mined, you can harvest it for materials, but this gives me the idea to fill the chests up with blocks and furniture. So yeah, the mission system is my most ambitious undertaking for this mod so far, but It's working out right. On a side note, I will be away for 4 days so probably no updates in that time!

LOL
[doublepost=1552962265,1552962232][/doublepost]Start the revolution!!!!!! Up with the slimes!!!
Yes! For too long have terrarians seen slimes as mindless blobs who merely irritate them. Yet, slimes form complex hierarchies, societies and have rulers as well. They may not have a humanoid form but to look down on them merely because of that is a gross underestimation. These intricate works of evolution shall not be reduced to a delicacy or a fuel source. May the revolution start and in its flames crush all the ignorant.

Found a quite major bug/error with the compost barrel and the compost feature. Unknown if it is due to other mods or its actually bugged.
The worms/buggy multiply too rapidly. They can easily reach negative values within a couple in-game days. And upon reaching negative values the game occasionally freezes (But never crashes) It was due to the worms multiplying. Again, I don't know if this was due to other mods or something else.

Found a quite major bug/error with the compost barrel and the compost feature. Unknown if it is due to other mods or its actually bugged.
The worms/buggy multiply too rapidly. They can easily reach negative values within a couple in-game days. And upon reaching negative values the game occasionally freezes (But never crashes) It was due to the worms multiplying. Again, I don't know if this was due to other mods or something else.
Ok I honestly forgot about that one, if they exceed the 32bit limit they will cause problems.
This also obviously allows you to make too much money as well, you can sell millions of worms for several hundred plat...

Oh btw I did manage to beat Gate Keepers with pre lunar weapons, the boss is just tough to beat as a thrower.

Thanks for informing. Its time to cull the wormy hordes

Oh yeah something else
since I was playing thrower and after bringing down the Mind God (who was, ALOT more enjoyable than the gatekeepers, still hard as nails but beatable)
I noticed I can make a new thrower weapon.

I don't know if it was just the combo of accessories I had or the armor, but the Crimson calamity seemed a bit "too strong" for this point in the game. I could shred every post moonlord boss I used it against. I wasn't playing with Calamity but I'm sure this weapon would have been Viable against DoG if I was.

Also, is this weapon and its tooltip a reference to Remilia Scarlet and her spear Gungnir?

Finally, how do I get Divine Mushrooms?

Oh yeah something else
since I was playing thrower and after bringing down the Mind God (who was, ALOT more enjoyable than the gatekeepers, still hard as nails but beatable)
I noticed I can make a new thrower weapon.

I don't know if it was just the combo of accessories I had or the armor, but the Crimson calamity seemed a bit "too strong" for this point in the game. I could shred every post moonlord boss I used it against. I wasn't playing with Calamity but I'm sure this weapon would have been Viable against DoG if I was.

Also, is this weapon and its tooltip a reference to Remilia Scarlet and her spear Gungnir?

Finally, how do I get Divine Mushrooms?
Yes it is a reference to spear the gungnir, and yes it is already nerfed for the next update:D

And divine mushrooms are unobtainable. Or are they?

And for the matter, why is mind god more enjoyable than gatekeepers, is there any wat i can improve the gatekeepers?

Big O' feedback wall of text!

And divine mushrooms are unobtainable. Or are they?
Considering you can make a cheat item with them, very much likely.

And for the matter, why is mind god more enjoyable than gatekeepers, is there any wat i can improve the gatekeepers?
Not super sure, since I was playing thrower it just may have been me, but things did happen.

First off, for "some reason" this fight is VERY laggy, my FPS will completely plummet during it. (This happens again when Mind God summons a gatekeeper)
again it may have been my class but I lacked decent means to deal considerable damage to the boss, this combined with the lag led up to the fight taking like 20 minutes to win.

They just have too much defense on their body segments which means damaging their heads is pretty much the only harm to do any real harm without specific builds, this combined with the 150K HP (and more for phase 2) really drags this fight on much longer than it should be. 150HP is alot for a pre-moonlord boss and again with the worm's defense on the body segments it might as well not be a worm boss... Let alone 2 at once. The general pacing is off VS other bosses in the mod due to this. By the time you fight the Mind God you have a weapon (as thrower maybe, I was using Joost's Lunar Cactus set... Thrower equipment is hard to find in mods) that can kill the guardian gatekeeper fairly easily so the pacing doesn't get thrown off during that fight.

Extremely armored bosses are not fun and having worm bosses where only the head can really take damage is extra not fun (cough DoG cough). I don't like being told to "stop playing thrower and play this other class so you can make use of this weapon that'll destroy the gatekeepers". I think overall the boss just has too much HP to defeat without a specialized loadout; something you can beat the Mind God without as any general class.

AI and offense wise, the boss plays pretty well (if not the intended Touhou levels of bullet hell difficulty), my problem is on the boss's defensive side.
But it's not very easy to balance worm bosses, since it's been inbeded since day one that piercing weapons will naturally be good against them. And considering no such bosses appear in the base game after the destroyer it gets a bit hard to balance them out properly. (Simliar story with post-moonlord balance and how many mods are just all over the place)
I'd really have to try fighting it as a different class to properly judge if thrower is just weak here or if the boss really is busted without a specific build.
This might not be the best feedback, but it's all I got really from the mind of someone else who can make bosses in Terraria (who also makes really die-hard bosses)
and when I make bosses, I always use vanilla content against them to see if they are beatable at that point in progression, if they are not I nerf them until they are just-barely beatable; this is to compensate for the fact that players are going to using items from them mod as well that'll make the fight easier.

I'm sorry if this feed is not helpful, I tried.

Other feedback would have to be that it's pretty clear that alot of effort went into this mod, there's alot of fresh content, new mechanics here and there. And a lot of personality and quirky jokes on the tooltips of most of the items (this adds so much character to a mod even if it's a small detail) and very challenging boss fights that give Calamity a run for their money. (Again, I LOVE a challenging fight, just not as a somewhat gimped class like thrower) and the hidden backstory hinted and told as you play the mod.
I am going to be returning to this one for sure... As a different class ;)

I keep forgetting to make this announcement but, the new pinkymod page on TerrariaMods gamepedia is out ->https://terrariamods.gamepedia.com/Pinkymod.
If you can, please help contribute to the thing with whatever knowledge of the mod you have. Don't be shy about your page, It doesnt matter if its just uploading a image or creating a page with a 1-line long description, so long as the facts presented are true and in a wiki format, I will be happy. If anything, this can help new players a tremendous lot. Thank you and have a nice day! :happy::pinky:

That travel brouture that adverties the coming update is pretty cheeky I must admit.
I don't get the part about dragon based injuries thou, unless that's something I should be wary of on that island...

Well I just fought Sunlight Trader and HOTC as a mage this time around, it was alot easier.

I just think my largest problem was thrower, for sure. I wasn't playing with mods that add good thrower items.

oh boy...
Thinking of which, im gonna add a item that can switch all yoyos and boomerangs between melee and throwing damage

Would anyone know how to get Paladin's Boots? The recipe browser doesn't show anything for crafting or mob drops which made me think that it might be a store item but no luck.
I wonder if it's a hallowed chest in the dungeon or just a chest in general. Can't find anything online for it

Would anyone know how to get Paladin's Boots? The recipe browser doesn't show anything for crafting or mob drops which made me think that it might be a store item but no luck.
I wonder if it's a hallowed chest in the dungeon or just a chest in general. Can't find anything online for it
recipe browser says they drop from paladins (for me anyways) try killing some

recipe browser says they drop from paladins (for me anyways) try killing some
You were right. For some reason it didn't show as a drop for anything in the recipe browser. I had at one point assumed that, but after getting 4 shields and no boots on top of the browser not showing paladin for some reason I gave up :p I got them now, thanks

Back
Top Bottom