tModLoader Pinky's content pack

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by Linx145, May 29, 2017.

1. Ryeun

Ryeun Eye of Cthulhu

When I updated this mod, all of the sudden HEART OF THE CAVERN HAS BEEN CHECKED ON THE BOSS CHECKLIST.

Linx145 likes this.
  2. Ryeun

Ryeun Eye of Cthulhu

Wait, did I create the 20th page?

3. Linx145

Linx145 Terrarian

yep, and to answer your question, I will look into such a possible bug. But since it is a aesthetic thing, I probably wont push another hotfix for it

4. :0

:0 Terrarian

So I just was browsing mods, and this one was the top one to pop up, I thought, "Oh cool! A new very in-depth mod!" and was playing it for a while. I got around to where I defeated skeletron as normal, made some houses, and the traveler appeared. I go through the whole thing of giving him the coordinates and stuff, go to the map, try to travel, and it doesn't work. It will just sit on the loading screen forever, I left my computer for 30 minutes and it still wasn't up. I reloaded the game, and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if this is a common problem, it's not my computer's fault, but is there anything I can do?

Linx145 likes this.
  5. Dnarris

Dnarris Eye of Cthulhu

So, just wanted to reiterate how much I love your mod. It keeps getting better and better. However, I wanted to let you know that I, for the first time, attempted to open up one of the lore items I was collecting and it caused an immediate crash of my game and now I can't load the game anymore. Thought I'd let you know just in case you weren't aware this could occur and so I could find out if there are any known mod incompatibilities that might have caused this. Thank you.

Linx145 likes this.
  6. Linx145

Linx145 Terrarian

When you are stuck loading, are you able to move your mouse cursor around? Oh and make sure you are on the latest latest version
    As far as i know, there are no incompatibilities for that unless you are on multiplayer which it does crash apparently, idk whats causing it. Also, is it the crash with or without a error message?

7. :0

:0 Terrarian

Yes, and yes, I'm able to open my map, move (even though like I can't see my character) interact with things, but the loading screen is just there

8. Dnarris

Dnarris Eye of Cthulhu

It was in single player mode. It does generate an error, but it crashes it in such a way that I can't tab out of the game to view it and by the time the game finally closes the error message seems to go with it. But everything ran wonderfully well until I tried opening that lore.

9. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

this has happened for me too, it seems to be an issue with TMODLoader as if you try to do it again it doesn't happen

Linx145 likes this.
  10. Linx145

Linx145 Terrarian

In that case, that is a rare bug. Just keep waiting, and dont quit the game. Try opening your inventory and see if the game freezes. If it freezes it should mean that generation is under way

11. Dnarris

Dnarris Eye of Cthulhu

Unfortunately it corrupted the world, so I can't open it anymore. But I'll see if I can recreate the crash with a new world.

12. Masi0819

Masi0819 Steampunker

Does the traveler take you to a new world or a place generated on the main world. If so how did you do it? I’m trying to make a planet the player could visit.

Linx145 likes this.
  13. Linx145

Linx145 Terrarian

The Traveller takes you to a new world, which is actually generated on top of the current world lol. The world in it's original state is then saved in another file for loading when one wants to travel back. You need some reflection trickery to do it tho, and as evidenced by the many many comments above, it's still quite new technology and prone to glitches ;)

14. Masi0819

Masi0819 Steampunker

Ok. I’m gonna have to look into this. Thank you!

Linx145 likes this.
  15. Linx145

Linx145 Terrarian

Chances are though, if you do successfully implement such a system, it will become incompatible with my mod. I might release my dimension library some day but im kinda discouraged cos i dont want my mod to have a big exclamation mark saying it has a dependency kik

16. badzombies2003

badzombies2003 Terrarian

Now this, is a mod.

17. Ryeun

Ryeun Eye of Cthulhu

Remove the Prepare to Die mob.

18. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

why?

19. Ryeun

Ryeun Eye of Cthulhu

It's a joke mob that can annoy players