tModLoader Pinky's content pack

Something you did in the last update relating to drawing your menus is causing a crash with SGAmod tModLoader - (WIP) SGAmod (this links to the report on my thread)
I assume it's something on your end, as I only started getting these reports from people playing our mods together after your recent update and I've had my renderTarget2D code in the mod for some time now

Something you did in the last update relating to drawing your menus is causing a crash with SGAmod tModLoader - (WIP) SGAmod (this links to the report on my thread)
I assume it's something on your end, as I only started getting these reports from people playing our mods together after your recent update and I've had my renderTarget2D code in the mod for some time now

The mod's been having some problems with NPCs since the recent update, Linx is aware of it and currently working on a hotfix for it along with several other bugs people found. It'll probably be out in the next few days.

The mod's been having some problems with NPCs since the recent update, Linx is aware of it and currently working on a hotfix for it along with several other bugs people found. It'll probably be out in the next few days.
great to hear! just I was getting reports and thought I'd post a message about it if others hadn't

I'm not totally convinced this issue is strictly related to npcs. I've had it crash when right clicking with an object in hand. The crashes with npcs are all right click as well FWIW.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at pinkymod.pinkymod.<>c.<ModifyInterfaceLayers>b__76_1()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoDraw>(Main , GameTime )
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Resulted in crash.

What happens is there is a silent exception and it looks like something in Pinky's mod is causing SGA's mod to go crazy. The full exception log that leads to crash without a pointer at an NPC:

Code:
[00:07:26] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at pinkymod.pinkymod.<>c.<ModifyInterfaceLayers>b__76_1()
   at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
   at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)
   at SGAmod.Dimensions.DrawOverride.DrawFog() in SGAmod\Dimensions\Base.cs:line 529
   at SGAmod.Dimensions.DimDungeonsProxy.PostUpdateEverything() in SGAmod\Dimensions\DimDungeons.cs:line 71
   at SGAmod.SGAmod.PostUpdateEverything() in SGAmod.cs:line 942
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateEverything()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

[00:07:26] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix)
   at SGAmod.Dimensions.DrawOverride.DrawFog() in SGAmod\Dimensions\Base.cs:line 529
   at SGAmod.Dimensions.DimDungeonsProxy.PostUpdateEverything() in SGAmod\Dimensions\DimDungeons.cs:line 71
   at SGAmod.SGAmod.PostUpdateEverything() in SGAmod.cs:line 942
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateEverything()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin()
   at Terraria.Main.RenderBlack()
   at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles()

[00:07:26] [1/ERROR] [Terraria]: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
[00:07:27] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash

hi everyone, I have noted your concerns. A hotfix is coming out later today. I would have released it sooner, but I really wasnt feeling up to things these few days(Still dont feel like it rn). Sorry for the inconveniences

hi everyone, I have noted your concerns. A hotfix is coming out later today. I would have released it sooner, but I really wasnt feeling up to things these few days(Still dont feel like it rn). Sorry for the inconveniences

I'm sorry that you're feeling a little under the weather and I wish you the best. If it is any consolation your mod is one of the best, hands down. I couldn't imagine doing a playthrough of Terraria without it (which is why I've yet to go to 1.4 actually).

Pinkymod VU12(3) is released. Fixed lots of the fatal bugs as mentioned before.

Code:
-Manasteel is FINALLY obtainable
-Fixed NPC dialogue not showing up/fatal crash bug
-Hopefully fixed mod compatibilities with SGA and Bismuth
-Added Manasteel tools and weapons
-Changed how the Rune Lands in the Void generate
-Mountains in the Void no longer have ash, but instead have lots of spikes
-Area to left of Warped Woods is now where Gray Ash generates. More will be introduced to this place in future versions
-Infernal Soles now drop properly from Red Devils
-Redid Arch Demon AI and sprite. Now drops Infernal Soles in hardmode

I'm sorry that you're feeling a little under the weather and I wish you the best. If it is any consolation your mod is one of the best, hands down. I couldn't imagine doing a playthrough of Terraria without it (which is why I've yet to go to 1.4 actually).
Thanks, this brightened up my day :) I will have therapy in a few days, so hopefully ill be better then.

Pinkymod VU12(3) is released. Fixed lots of the fatal bugs as mentioned before.

Code:
-Manasteel is FINALLY obtainable
-Fixed NPC dialogue not showing up/fatal crash bug
-Hopefully fixed mod compatibilities with SGA and Bismuth
-Added Manasteel tools and weapons
-Changed how the Rune Lands in the Void generate
-Mountains in the Void no longer have ash, but instead have lots of spikes
-Area to left of Warped Woods is now where Gray Ash generates. More will be introduced to this place in future versions
-Infernal Soles now drop properly from Red Devils
-Redid Arch Demon AI and sprite. Now drops Infernal Soles in hardmode

Thanks, this brightened up my day :) I will have therapy in a few days, so hopefully ill be better then.

Thank you so much for the hotfix. I haven't encountered any fatal crashes yet so its lookin' good!

Bugs ive found:
1. Crash after talking to an NPC. Sometimes this happens, and im not sure if its maybe some other mod in my folder acting haywire after some new update but it cant hurt to check right?

2. Insta-death. When i was using the hallowknight carbonite alloy armor, i noticed that i would somewhat often die instantly to some enemy attacks. The damage would usually be in the ten thousands. Maybe this is some hidden stat and i dont read idk.

3. some more that i will probably keep writing about since this mod has a lot of potential and is really fun!! (outside of the crashes and insta-deaths)

Bugs ive found:
1. Crash after talking to an NPC. Sometimes this happens, and im not sure if its maybe some other mod in my folder acting haywire after some new update but it cant hurt to check right?

2. Insta-death. When i was using the hallowknight carbonite alloy armor, i noticed that i would somewhat often die instantly to some enemy attacks. The damage would usually be in the ten thousands. Maybe this is some hidden stat and i dont read idk.

3. some more that i will probably keep writing about since this mod has a lot of potential and is really fun!! (outside of the crashes and insta-deaths)

Do you have the most recent version? since those were the exact bugs fixed in the latest hotfix as you can see in previous few messages.

Last edited:
'Hot'fix VU12(4) is out on browser and mediafire!
Code:
-Fixed bug where opening the travel map prevents the player from talking other NPCs until relog
-Fixed Experiment Hall generation glitches
-You can basically not damage Crystalline Oracle without lowering the shields now
-No more big hole under Great Tree :) Caves now extend to below the Great Tree
-Nerfed some weapons, fixed Hexxing Edge recipe
-Can no longer break the Traveller's Ship in the Twilight Islands
-Hopefully fixed glitch where you cannot summon HOTC even in singleplayer in the arena
-HOTC and Sunlight Trader now despawn properly if all players are dead
-Traveller will now relocate back to his ship everytime you go to Sanchon

Am I the only person who can't seem to find this mod via searching on the Mod Browser?
I type in "Pinky", and I get no results, no matter how I capitalize it (which I don't think matters anyways), or whether I'm viewing mods I have or not.

Am I the only person who can't seem to find this mod via searching on the Mod Browser?
I type in "Pinky", and I get no results, no matter how I capitalize it (which I don't think matters anyways), or whether I'm viewing mods I have or not.

Ensure you have the appropriate version of Tmodloader. It should be pretty high on the list considering Linx updated it earlier today.

'Hot'fix VU12(4) is out on browser and mediafire!
Code:
-Fixed bug where opening the travel map prevents the player from talking other NPCs until relog
-Fixed Experiment Hall generation glitches
-You can basically not damage Crystalline Oracle without lowering the shields now
-No more big hole under Great Tree :) Caves now extend to below the Great Tree
-Nerfed some weapons, fixed Hexxing Edge recipe
-Can no longer break the Traveller's Ship in the Twilight Islands
-Hopefully fixed glitch where you cannot summon HOTC even in singleplayer in the arena
-HOTC and Sunlight Trader now despawn properly if all players are dead
-Traveller will now relocate back to his ship everytime you go to Sanchon
what's next for the mod?

what's next for the mod?

There might be another hotfix or two but if you're talking about the next major update (which obviously won't be out for quite a while).

There's going to be a new in-world crafting system and a big new mechanic called magitech which I think will be used for automating things. I don't know too much about these yet but they're going to be really cool.

There'll also be two new bosses, one of which will be fought on the Twilight Islands in that huge room under the great tree.

what's next for the mod?
ye basically what sandworm says. I am working on two new bosses, a ritual system as well as a new 'tech-mod' element which allows not only for the automation of many processes(EG: skybridging, digging, mining) but also the creation of new and powerful weapons(Think, like how Botania does it in Minecraft). Also, new content and an Asteroid generated structure in high orbit!

Ensure you have the appropriate version of Tmodloader. It should be pretty high on the list considering Linx updated it earlier today.
I do. And I noticed that. I was just mentioning how it didn't appear when I searched for it, though. I think it might have been because it was being uploaded or processed at the same time I was searching for it.

Hey so im in the mining facility and ive killed three sigils and then the crystal, but when I go to the arena and click the altar thing, it says "You should wait for the others first..." and it wont spawn :(. Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom