Weapons & Equip Pirate Invasion Changes: Mech-Plantera Summoner Gear, Less RNG

RealSaucer

Skeletron
"Pirates are approaching from the east!"
You sharpen your Cutlass, summon some spiders and drink your potions. You're ready, for an epic fight and awesome loot...
Five minutes later:
Your inventory is full of vanities, furniture and your 3rd, 4th and 5th cutlass. No pirate staff in sight. How will you defeat Plantera now?

Okay, probably your could set up a cool arena, use an optic staff and defeat her - but that's not my point. You'd still be stuck with that old spider armour that you got ages ago, and what are you supposed to do with all of these golden chairs, tables and stuff? I wanted one golden toilet, nothing else!

I might have a solution...

Instead of furniture, Pirates will drop 0-2 Pirate Gold. Pirate Gold is used to craft golden furniture, but it an also, combined with some Hallowed Bars, create Pirate Armour. Said Pirate Armour is a post-Mech summoner armour, the same tier as Frost and Hallowed armour.

Pirate Hat:
6 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Pirate Coat
12 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Pirate Pants
10 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Set Bonus: +8% Summon Damage
+1 Pirate Minion if all summons are Pirates

Pirate Staff:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pirate_Staff
Can now be crafted with Pirate Gold and Hallowed Bars

Cannon Staff:
Sentry
50 Summon Damage
11 Knockback
32 Usetime
It's a cannon, shoots cannon balls. Woo.

QnA:

Why aren't the other Pirate drops craftable as well?
Because the Coin Gun is a joke weapon, while the Pirate Staff has potential to become a good usable weapon. The Lucky Coin, Golden Ring etc are not necessary to progression either. They're just bonuses.

So yeah, that's all I had for today. Feedback?

Last edited:
I remember someone posting something almost exactly the same as this.... but you added summoner armor, so support

Thanks for the support!
Would like some feedback on the stats, especially the set bonus.
Oh yeah,and bump.

Cool, maybe call the Pirate's Gold 'Pirate Dabloons'

Also, pirate armor compared to spider armor and tiki armor:

Armor|Max Minion Increase|Damage Increase|Defense
Spider Armor|+3 or 4 w/ bonus minion|+30%|20
Pirate Armor|+3 no bonus minion|+32%|28
Tiki Armor|+4 no bonus minion|+30%|35

I recommend you buff the damage.

Last edited:
Cool, maybe call the Pirate's Gold 'Pirate Dabloons'

Also, pirate armor compared to spider armor and tiki armor:

Armor|Max Minion Increase|Damage Increase|Defense
Spider Armor|+3 w/ bonus minion|+30%|20
Pirate Armor|+3 no bonus minion|+32%|28
Tiki Armor|+4 no bonus minion|+30%|35

I recommend you buff the damage.
But the Pirate Armour has a +1 minion set bonus giving it 4 minions...

But the Pirate Armour has a +1 minion set bonus giving it 4 minions...

Pirate Hat:
6 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Pirate Coat
12 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Pirate Pants
10 Defense
+1 Summon
+8% Summon Damage

Set Bonus: +8% Summon Damage
Alternatively
Set Bonus: All melee summons can fly!

+32% damage, +3 minions. If you increase the amount of minions to 4 you will have to drop the damage bellow 30%, otherwise it outclasses tiki.

Edit: it would be fine if you gave a bonus minion, like spider armor, because then the tiki armor will be better offensively

+32% damage, +3 minions. If you increase the amount of minions to 4 you will have to drop the damage bellow 30%, otherwise it outclasses tiki.

Edit: it would be fine if you gave a bonus minion, like spider armor, because then the tiki armor will be better offensively
It seems like you know this thread better than I do, this is quite embarrassing. I thought the setbonus said "+1 minion"..
I'm a bit confused right now, but you think I should keep it to +3 minions and buss the damage a bit?

It seems like you know this thread better than I do, this is quite embarrassing. I thought the setbonus said "+1 minion"..
I'm a bit confused right now, but you think I should keep it to +3 minions and buss the damage a bit?
For it to be balanced, I think you will have to do one of the following

• Buff the damage slightly, not more than 40%, and keep the rest the same.
  • Make the set bonus +1 minions, this will nerf the damage by 8% (to 24% total) automatically and balance it out really well.
  • Keep everything the same but give it the same secret bonus minion as spider armor. On spider armor it grants an additional spider minion if all minions summoned are spiders, for pirate armor it would summon an extra pirate if all minions are pirates. I like this one the most, as it seems the most balanced and let's you keep the damage.
Hopefully this helped :p

Nice idea, but... one problem: Pirate vanity set exists already. So im not sure how sprites for this would look, otherwise i like the idea. At least i hope that pirate vanity set stays in the game if this is added, even if it turns into the pirate armor instead of being vanity, as long as i can keep looking like a pirate captain. :p

For it to be balanced, I think you will have to do one of the following

• Buff the damage slightly, not more than 40%, and keep the rest the same.
  • Make the set bonus +1 minions, this will nerf the damage by 8% (to 24% total) automatically and balance it out really well.
  • Keep everything the same but give it the same secret bonus minion as spider armor. On spider armor it grants an additional spider minion if all minions summoned are spiders, for pirate armor it would summon an extra pirate if all minions are pirates. I like this one the most, as it seems the most balanced and let's you keep the damage.
Hopefully this helped :p
Alright I'll go with the third one. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom