Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Summary: The mist effect that appears during a later stage of the pirate invasion has not left even after I defeated the invasion. This mist effect only appears around the spawn point.

Everything leading up to the bug: I had destroyed a lot of altars in quick succession, causing encounters with all three of the mechanical bosses at different times (got killed all three times). Later, a meteorite landed. Not to long after the meteorite, I got the message "You feel vibrations from deep below." assuming that this was the destroyer again, I just waited for it to come, knowing there wasn't much I could do. But the destroyer didn't come. Instead, a bit after I got "Pirates are approaching from the west!" and right after "The pirates have arrived." I stopped what I was doing, and fought the pirates, dying many many many times.

The bug: Once the progress bar reached 100%, I got the usual "The pirates have been defeated." and the achievement- it being my first time on PC. But... the pirates didn't stop coming. I fought them for a while, before deciding to relog. I clicked "Save & Exit" and then went right back to playing the same world with the same character on singleplayer. The pirates were gone, but the mist was still there. It disappears once I walk away from the spawn point, but comes back when I return. I figured this wasn't a big deal so I continued playing until I was done for the day. I closed the application, and today I opened it again and got back on. The mist is still there. Though this isn't exactly urgent... the spawn point is where my house is, so I'd like to be able to get rid of the mist at some point.

I have attached an image of what the area looks like.
I do not know if this is a new bug. I'm not too active in the terraria community, but this has never happened to me before. I'm putting it here because this is the version I'm playing on.
The exact version is 1.4.0.5
I'm playing on PC, Windows 10.
I don't know how much of this is helpful, I just put down whatever information I thought might be relevant.

Attachments

• Terraria Pirate.png
    Terraria Pirate.png
    639.3 KB · Views: 843
Last edited by a moderator:
Those are a lot of graves... and I do mean a lot of graves. 1.4 treats such graves being clustered together as graveyards, which is where that mist effect is coming from. Try removing the graves and see if the mist dissipates from there.

Those are a lot of graves... and I do mean a lot of graves. 1.4 treats such graves being clustered together as graveyards, which is where that mist effect is coming from. Try removing the graves and see if the mist dissipates from there.
Ohhh!! Thank you! I had no idea. I removed them, and it disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom