NPCs & Enemies Pirate invasions are too hard for early Hardmode

Furro

Retinazer
Pirates when it comes to early Hardmode can be mostly impossible to win over because of their high health, and as well as their attack power. i've gone over a single pirate invasion, and lost 75% of my NPCs, i had none of the Hardmode ores obtained. i would want the invasion to be shorter, (the length of a goblin invasion) and that mostly the captain should do less damage, it's impossible to hurt him because of the cannon spam.

Pirates when it comes to early Hardmode can be mostly impossible to win over because of their high health, and as well as their attack power. i've gone over a single pirate invasion, and lost 75% of my NPCs, i had none of the Hardmode ores obtained. i would want the invasion to be shorter, (the length of a goblin invasion) and that mostly the captain should do less damage, it's impossible to hurt him because of the cannon spam.
I agree, they should be post-mech.

I fought one in a Master mode world with friends and was able to clear it, but if we were doing hardcore like I was planning to do later, our run would have ended then and I would be very upset. It was brutal even with some of the hardmode ores I had collected as it spawned the first day into hardmode, if the event were delayed to after even just one mech boss or even the chances for it spawning lowered, it would make the progression curve better and more fair to players overall.

I fought one in a Master mode world with friends and was able to clear it, but if we were doing hardcore like I was planning to do later, our run would have ended then and I would be very upset. It was brutal even with some of the hardmode ores I had collected as it spawned the first day into hardmode, if the event were delayed to after even just one mech boss or even the chances for it spawning lowered, it would make the progression curve better and more fair to players overall.
I only do single player since i don't know anyone with the 1.4.2.2 update

Plus, i was also in classic
Lol, That also happened in a classic world(got deleted through a glitch) for me, but I didn't think it too hard even though I died a lot, but my stance is spawn them after one mech, not all 3 as that usually means you can clear it little issue, especially if you have leaf wings and have killed a few biome mimics. Right now I'm post-plantera in my master mode multiplayer world, so it's probably easy now, but I can agree that it was a nightmare to deal with and should be tweaked/nerfed one way or another.

Lol, That also happened in a classic world(got deleted through a glitch) for me, but I didn't think it too hard even though I died a lot, but my stance is spawn them after one mech, not all 3 as that usually means you can clear it little issue, especially if you have leaf wings and have killed a few biome mimics. Right now I'm post-plantera in my master mode multiplayer world, so it's probably easy now, but I can agree that it was a nightmare to deal with and should be tweaked/nerfed one way or another.
I never got wings, only killed one mimic, and this invasion was randomized and happened out of nowhere before i could get anything new

Yeah, but I only really play on Master mode, leaf wings can be expensive on classic due to reduced drops, but are bought for 63 gold to 1 platinum from the witch doctor at night and are a really good investment for fighting mech bosses and others. I'd recommend trying to get those.

Yeah, but I only really play on Master mode, leaf wings can be expensive on classic due to reduced drops, but are bought for 63 gold to 1 platinum from the witch doctor at night and are a really good investment for fighting mech bosses and others. I'd recommend trying to get those.
my witch doctor died, and still hasn't respawned

I agree that they are too strong for right after a Demon Altar is broken. They have powerful stats, a :red:ton of projectiles that will screw you hard if you lack wings, and now some significsnt cheeseproofing. But post-mechs seems a bit too far down the line, imo. I’d require you to either beat *one* of the mechs or Queen Slime before they can spawn, to ensure that you have decent gear capable enough to deal with them before they spawn.

Of course, on this topic I think Pirates should have a bit of a rework. Cutlass needs a stat buff and Pirate Staff needs an AI buff, especially if we moved them to post-1 mech. Most the drops should also be more common (seriously, who will fight 7 pirate invasions on average for Pirate Staff), but imo Coin Gun can be left rare as :red: for legacy.

I believe Pirates are stuck in this sort of paradox for balance, as they can be beaten with a box, but not your actual weapons. I believe the point of progression around the stage of Queen Slime being beaten is quite good.

Back
Top Bottom