Pirate Map: EYE NEEED SUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftedNightmare Here!

Official Terrarian
Hey guys! I got a bit of a problem: I can't seem to get any pirate maps! I made a pretty simple farm (I placed water candles straight after I took the photo)

2015-01-03_00001.jpg

No maps seem to be appearing. I farmed for like 3 days and yet NONE! I know they have a %1 drop, but this is ridiculious! Am I doing something wrong, or is it just bad luck? Please tell me, thanks!

You're inside the ocean biome, so you should be collecting plenty of pirate maps. Sure, they're rare, but they're not that rare.
Strange. You are using the pc version right? Without mods? Just checking.

I'll be more specific. Create a usual boat, a square, stand above it at least 1 block deep in water, with a jungle around you. Apirama from the jungle spawn very fast and in large numbers, leave some minions in the box bellow (make sure the bottom of it is made of platforms. The fish will swim up to you because you are in water, and your minions will kill them. water candle and battle potion help. I have screen shots!
E09EEE6212360E83C5E5F8D4F4F0C6245ADE0F4D

You need to hammer any blocks along your boat so the fish don't get stuck.

Okay, good luck then =).
[DOUBLEPOST=1420249512][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry hold on"
I believe you have to stay close as possible to the ocean killing mobs, it may give you a better chance of getting it, atleast that is what the Wiki says
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pirate_Map
How close can I be?

You're inside the ocean biome, so you should be collecting plenty of pirate maps. Sure, they're rare, but they're not that rare.
Strange. You are using the pc version right? Without mods? Just checking.
I am using the PC version, without any mods
I'll be more specific. Create a usual boat, a square, stand above it at least 1 block deep in water, with a jungle around you. Apirama from the jungle spawn very fast and in large numbers, leave some minions in the box bellow (make sure the bottom of it is made of platforms. The fish will swim up to you because you are in water, and your minions will kill them. water candle and battle potion help. I have screen shots!
E09EEE6212360E83C5E5F8D4F4F0C6245ADE0F4D

You need to hammer any blocks along your boat so the fish don't get stuck.
The jungle is anywhere BUT near the ocean, its in the middle of the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom