Pirate Map: EYE NEEED SUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue to gear up so that you can deal with the jungle easier. I dont know what armour/accessories you have, but a golden shower probably isnt enough. Once you're comfortable with dealing with the hardmode jungle, use the setup GIRGHGH showed. To be totaly honest if you make exactly what the image shows there should be no problem anyway, since the Apirama will be encased anyway, and not be able to attack you.

Alternatively, wait for a blood moon. That should grant you at least 1 pirate map throughout the night.

Continue to gear up so that you can deal with the jungle easier. I dont know what armour/accessories you have, but a golden shower probably isnt enough. Once you're comfortable with dealing with the hardmode jungle, use the setup GIRGHGH showed. To be totaly honest if you make exactly what the image shows there should be no problem anyway, since the Apirama will be encased anyway, and not be able to attack you.

Alternatively, wait for a blood moon. That should grant you at least 1 pirate map throughout the night.
I had blood moons before, but nothing. I used the design, and I realized I need 80 jungle grass blocks!
Care to share your map so that I can try to get pirate maps on your map? :)
Here's what the ocean (left side, the right side is for fishing, and I haven't had any luck for maps there)
2015-01-03_00002.jpg

The crimson is blocked off, so I don't think that causes any problems

Lihzahrd Bricks can also be used to create a jungle biome, and you can obtain those by mining the walls in the temple and crafting them into bricks.
You can use them to make a quick jungle and monsters won't spawn on the bricks, so if you want derplings or tortoises around you'll need to put jungle grass blocks over those bricks.

How close can I be?

I am using the PC version, without any mods

The jungle is anywhere BUT near the ocean, its in the middle of the map
Near the ocean would be right next to a biome next to a beach, though don't go to far out.
If you feel like going complete yolo trying to get it, and you feel like your not just fight them in the ocean lol.
Arrr best ye get your Pirate Ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom