Sprites Pirate Shipwreck - sprucing up the Ocean

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Currently, as the ocean is, its just a quick use of a Gills Potion, to fetch a quick Flipper, Water Walking Boots, and a neat Trident. After like, 5 minutes, you're outta there. Here's my idea to make it better!
Generation
1586161457847.png

credit

It will generate with a 100% on one side of the ocean, and that side would have no chests. Other oceans will then have 3 guaranteed chests.
It'd look a lot like this, made entirely of palm wood, but it'd have only one mast.
There'd be two decks, and they'd be partly walled.
It'd be on the ocean floor, like a meteorite with some of the blocks in the sand. There'd be some holes in the sail, too.
There's no special enemies here, just the normal ocean enemies.

Loot
There's a chest behind a door, and this door can only be opened after shattering a single Shadow Orb/Crimson Heart. Since one could easily break in, its walled with desert fossils.
In the room, there's piles of coins:
2 30 copper piles
1 70 silver pile
1 10 gold pile
Then, in the chest, you'll find 2 of 5 weapons:
New Piskel - 2020-04-05T212822.446.png

Boarding Axe
Boomerang
Damage: 22 (Melee)
Velocity: 15
Use time: 15
Knockback: 1.5
New Piskel - 2020-04-05T215648.901.png

Pirate Blunderbuss
Gun
Shoots a barrage of 3 bullets at the cost of one
Damage: 17 (Ranged)
Velocity: 9
Use time: 16
Knockback: 1
New Piskel - 2020-04-05T220044.852.png

Golden Doubloon
Fires golden balls of energy
Damage: 14
Velocity: 19
Mana: 3
Use time: 11
Knockback: 0.5
New Piskel - 2020-04-05T220433.380.png

Stinkbomb
Found in stacks of 21-49
Sold by the demolitionist after beating EoW/BoC
Damage: 9
Velocity: 12
Use time: 20
Knockback: 1
Leaves behind a cloud that deals -3hp/sec for 10 seconds and inflicts Stinky
New Piskel - 2020-04-05T220726.940.png

Bolas
Found in stacks of 3-10
Damage: 0
Velocity: 14
Use time: 18
Knockback: 0
When thrown on an enemy, it inflicts Bound! for 10 seconds, which:
Completely freezes the enemy and its attacks
Bosses are immune to this debuff

I hope this is a good addition to the Ocean!

Last edited:
The problem with a specific dungeon on or near the surface of the ocean is that it would be incredibly easy to loot and become an even better get-rich-quick than shadow orbs.

The loot is locked behind one shadow orb.
It doesn't matters if you can't open the door prior to that, if it would be made out of palm wood as you say, you could just break in the room though the wall via any pickaxe. (by the way, isn't the ship on the picture made mostly out of pearlwood...?)

This would be an amazing addition to Terraria, but if this is only on vanilla (which it probably won't), then good.
If it was available modded, however, wouldn't it mess with the Sulphurous Sea and Abyss on Calamity or the Aquatic Depths on Thorium's generation?

As I said, this would be amazing.

Yes, I know. But the Sulphurous Sea is on one side of the ocean and the Aquatic Depths is on the other side.
So that would mean that either one has a 50% chance of being affected, messing up modded generation.
I have nothing against this idea, though, so please don't get any ideas.

The idea of a sunken ship seems pretty plausible for Terraria to me. However like some are saying it could be an easy way to get good items quick, and the fossils and special doors to protect the items seem a little far fetched to me.

Perhaps after a certain condition has been met, there would be a small chance a ship would sink. And a message much like when a meteor has fallen would display. Such as "A ship has sunken" for example.

For the loot, I feel the coin amounts fit for a pirate ship, however instead of piles, try bags of coins with chances for how much gold they'll hold rather than a strict amount. The items fit aswell I feel, and the Blunderbuss would be cool as heck to use.

These are just my thoughts though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom