PC Pirates or Pygmies?

hoppy62290

Terrarian
I'm currently post-Plantera on a world and have both the Pirate staff and the Pygmy staff. I'm running it as a summoner with my friend as a mage. I currently have the Ruthless modifier on the Pygmy staff, having the minions deal 59 damage but the PIrate staff has the Godly modifier and they currently do 68 damage (I have the money to reforge it).
So, the question is, should I use Pygmies, Pirates or a mix of the two?

I'm currently post-Plantera on a world and have both the Pirate staff and the Pygmy staff. I'm running it as a summoner with my friend as a mage. I currently have the Ruthless modifier on the Pygmy staff, having the minions deal 59 damage but the PIrate staff has the Godly modifier and they currently do 68 damage (I have the money to reforge it).
So, the question is, should I use Pygmies, Pirates or a mix of the two?

Mix of the two, because pygmies can hit from longer range and pirates do more damage to closer mobs

Pygmies are better. They attack much more quickly than the Pirates and have a longer range, as well as better AI in general.

Craft the Optic Staff, farm for Raven Staff and/or Xeno Staff. They're all better than Pirate or Pygmy Staves.

The Optic Staff is not better than the Pygmy Staff.

Just look at Yri's summoner run. He used optic staff instead of pygmy staff. Also having twice minions gives you a greater crowd control.

Just because he did it doesn't mean it's the most effective thing to do.

They look cooler. And for one spawn it spawns two. B-)

Debatable. And although you get two minions, they both deal piercing damage that interferes with one another, meaning you're still only hitting enemies with one minion at a time. In fact, because all piercing minions share the same cooldown timer, you are in fact hitting an enemy with only one minion out of all of them, whereas the Pygmies, which do not normally pierce, are free to gang up on an enemy all at once.

Also it exactly doubling its damage when you summon it multiple!

See above.

So, I guess Pygmies are the best out of the two. I also just got the Deadly Sphere Staff and was wondering if it would be better to use it than the Pygmies?

If I recall correctly, Deadly Spheres have a strange AI, so I think it'd be better to stick to Pygmies or something else.

So, I guess Pygmies are the best out of the two. I also just got the Deadly Sphere Staff and was wondering if it would be better to use it than the Pygmies?

The Deadly Spheres are better when used in large open spaces such as the surface, but they tend to get stuck in tight areas (i.e. pretty much anywhere underground). So you'd be better off using Pygmies for spelunking but the Spheres are definitely viable for bosses and invasions.

Btw the summoner guide in my signature contains a detailed analysis of every summon weapon in the game, so you could refer to it if you have any more questions.

Back
Top Bottom