PC Pixel Box mod

Kvadratisk

Terrarian
Now, I take it there is no mod currently so I made something.
Another question: is this good as for functionality? Fun fact: also made changes to the vanilla server and that made the modification working even on non-modded.

Last edited:
I always wanted for someone to mod pixel boxes, or I would learn to do it myself.
What did you change in their behaviour? Where can I test this mod? I have to have it.

I always wanted for someone to mod pixel boxes, or I would learn to do it myself.
What did you change in their behaviour? Where can I test this mod? I have to have it.
Have you ever used them?
As you can see in the video they are only connected to logic gates in a way that would only ever be able to turn off lamps normaly. Why? Because it normaly requires you to connect a pixel box with one wire verticaly and one wire horizontaly to the same signal block e.g. one lever or one logic gate, I changed it so it can be activated by all logic gates with the same "depth" as in if you flick a lever it turns on a line, which turns on two logic gates, if both logic gates doesn't pass through another gate and triggers the pixel box either verticaly or horizontaly the pixel box will turn on. I havn't made it tmodloader compatible but I hope to soon have a server up that you can join and try it out without having the mod installed.

Have you ever used them?
As you can see in the video they are only connected to logic gates in a way that would only ever be able to turn off lamps normaly. Why? Because it normaly requires you to connect a pixel box with one wire verticaly and one wire horizontaly to the same signal block e.g. one lever or one logic gate, I changed it so it can be activated by all logic gates with the same "depth" as in if you flick a lever it turns on a line, which turns on two logic gates, if both logic gates doesn't pass through another gate and triggers the pixel box either verticaly or horizontaly the pixel box will turn on. I havn't made it tmodloader compatible but I hope to soon have a server up that you can join and try it out without having the mod installed.

I have used them and know their behavior very intimately. The current max pixel box display size is limited to 24 x world height, and every row needs to be hard coded, taking up half the world.

The change you made could mean that the display would operate close to a regular LED matrix display - waaay less logic gates, unlimited size. You probably know all of this already.

Have you stress tested this solution? Any way it could cause a crash?

I have used them and know their behavior very intimately. The current max pixel box display size is limited to 24 x world height, and every row needs to be hard coded, taking up half the world.

The change you made could mean that the display would operate close to a regular LED matrix display - waaay less logic gates, unlimited size. You probably know all of this already.

Have you stress tested this solution? Any way it could cause a crash?
I haven't tested it that much yet, a thing I added is that when a pixelbox is triggered it allows for up to 500 activations per logic gate on that tick. I don't know how long it will take til the mod browser shows the mod, when it does it should be a mod called pixelMod. I do hope it works fine when scaled up but in the event that it doesn't, please contact me.

zKioPZT.png

amazing!!!

I did come up to a bug. While making this circuit, all logic gates stopped working. wires were being tripped and gate lamps were changing, it was only the logic gates. I'm not sure which action caused it as I can't recreate the state. I made a new world, and nothing changed, as far as I know it was not caused by anything in the world. Disabling your mod stopped the issue, re-enabling made it come back, and reloading the game made it go away.

I did some testing with this thing, caused about as much lag as without your mod.

kIWFXod.png

that's odd...
I'm also working on adding a depth based logic lamp too. That lamp should bring the size down a lot further.

Edit:
What about also adding a new lamp that works kinda like the faulty logic lamp but it calculates a percentage of the active lamps. E.g. a tower were you represent binary digits where the lowest one is 1, the second is a 2, the third is 4 and so on. And when you send a signal to the new lamp it would calculate how "much" of the whole thing, so in a tower with hight 4 it would calculate this percentage with 15 as the highest. Now that gate would now be able to connect to pixel boxes and set the color for them, so 1 gate for red, 1 for green and 1 for blue and you would from that be able to choose any color of your choosing, and this would work on top of the current bahaviour as to set the colors individually and wouldn't replace anything, just adding the support for color screens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom