Blocks & Decoration Place torches in furniture light sources

Snickerbobble

The Painter
When I was checking out the new boreal furniture, I found it a bit strange how I couldn't make a boreal wood lamp with a normal torch. Then I thought of the other torches. What if we want to use them in our furniture?

Simple. Replace the torch component in any light source furniture object recipe with gel. You then place the light source down and proceed to place a torch into it, somewhat similar to vanity/armor onto a (wo)mannequin. You could have a boreal wood lamp with a normal torch, a palm wood lantern with a green torch, a candelabra with ultrabright torches, etc.

This will let us color our builds without having colored torches all over the place that might not look as good as the mostly normal torch light sources. Far more furniture and light options without adding a single item! :dryadhappy:

It might be difficult to code, but it's a much more practical way than having a dozen different versions of each light source (gold chandelier, red lit gold chandelier, blue lit gold chandelier, green lit gold chandelier, etc..), just the one gold chandelier and you can place any torches in it for the same effect, without the item clutter.

It might be difficult to code, but it's a much more practical way than having a dozen different versions of each light source (gold chandelier, red lit gold chandelier, blue lit gold chandelier, green lit gold chandelier, etc..), just the one gold chandelier and you can place any torches in it for the same effect, without the item clutter.

You're damn right. Also, just leave the thinking about coding to the devs.. If there's something good that needs to be implemented then the difficulty of the coding shouldn't matter. (imho)

I like this suggestion, a lot. Making it a bit more complicated / require more user input: combine torches with glass to make lamps.. or something like that..

Oh, now this is very interesting. Me being a builder, I can already see how this would be very convenient for builds, and how amazing it'd be to keep a consistent style effectively. Really like this one, you've done a great job. Support granted, friend.

It could probably borrow code from weapon racks. Also, definite support.
"Definitely" is more likely; all that would be needed is to tweak the existing Weapon Rack code a bit and tack on some lighting handling (probably pulling the lighting effects from the torches so no code copying has to be done) and bam, you have furniture lights with variable colors.

And this is an awesome idea.

yes, I'm going around bumping Snickerdoodle's threads. Shaddap. I like reading through suggestion lists in people's signatures and checking out their suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom