Switch Placeable item duplication bug

As the title says, there's currently a bug with any placeable object that makes it possible to be placed infinitely and in some cases faster or with more range (depending on the execution of this glitch/bug)
I do not really wish to post the exact method for users to read as it might ruin the game(play).
If required i will post it, however.
I have submitted this bug report to 505's website but i was wondering if others experienced this too (considering this is so easy it keeps happening to me by accident)

(edit because i already posted this in another thread: Switch - Funny bug with the Fetid Baghnakhs)

Any placeable object can be very easily duplicated
The method steps are as follows :
1.) grab autoswing melee weapon without effects (most consistent as far as ive tested, pickaxes and axes do not work. Swords and hammers do. So does the bug net)

2.) place any placeable object of your choice on the item bar.

3.) swing the weapon, then TAP the placeable object WHILE swinging the weapon.

4.) place said object, this does place the object but does not consume the hotbar item.

A few notes:
-faster swinging weapons make you place objects faster (it carries over the stats, range and use time of the weapon swung prior to tapping the placeable object)
For example, the bladed glove will allow you to place objects VERY fast at low range, while the bug net allows you to place objects slower

Last edited:
As the title says, there's currently a bug with any placeable object that makes it possible to be placed infinitely and in some cases faster or with more range (depending on the execution of this glitch/bug)
I do not really wish to post the exact method for users to read as it might ruin the game(play).
If required i will post it, however.
I have submitted this bug report to 505's website but i was wondering if others experienced this too (considering this is so easy it keeps happening to me by accident)
Hi @PuddingZebra, thanks for sending the info to the developers. For others that may be stopping by and reading, here is the form to use if you have bugs on console:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

I did get a response, actually! Very nice of them. They said they were aware of this issue and that it is being fixed. The email was as follows:
"Hi PuddingZebra ,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support. We really appreciate you taking the time to send this to us.

I checked and the developers are aware of a duplication issue on Switch. To be sure that this isn't different, I sent them, what you had anyways.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess ;)

-Dane C.
505 Games Customer Support"

Im happy to see that i got a non-automated response especially on a what i assume to be a pretty busy post-switch release time. Im eagerly awaiting the patch :)

Back
Top Bottom