Blocks & Decoration Placing items on Hammered half blocks/platforms

Harathall

Golem
Hello,
Would it be possible, in the next update (or at some point - I realise there's a big one due quite soon!) to let us place items on blocks and platforms which have been hammered to their first, half height state?

I've been decorating my creation and found that a perfect place for an item is, in fact on one of these, but I have no way of placing them without changing the environment. For example:

bQp6ME4.png

u7LT6Dc.png

Here, I can't put the glass on the platform at that height. I could leave it unhammered, but the shelf would be even higher above the player's head and would look unrealistic. If I place it on the block below, the stools won't fit beneath.

GyF0nWD.png

Here, I've dropped the piano where I'd like it to go, on the half block, but obviously, it'll just get picked up like that, however:
9RxnEVB.png

mQBPxxi.png

When I try to place it, I cannot. I could get rid of the half blocks, but I like the gentle step down from the seated area, plus the marble would, I think, be too bright and obvious at a full block's depth.

Anyway, tl;dr: Can we place items on half-height hammered blocks and platforms?

Last edited:
I don't think we can because it doesn't fit the tile-based system

I was going to say just that.

Look here my friend, this idea is good and I already wanted to do the same thing as you, but as @Lord Garak said the objects would not fit the game's tile system.
That would be practically dividing your marble piano into three parts from the point of view of the game system.

That's a shame. I'm not a coder or anything, so wasn't sure how the game decided this sort of thing, I thought it might just be a matter of allowing things to go on a half step of a grid or something.

Thanks for replying anyway!

Back
Top Bottom