Blocks & Decoration Placing Spell Books

Wisp

Skeletron Prime
First of all,
30a2669dac.png

Wut

Wut? Why can't I place Spell books? This is especially whack with Water Bolt as it is FOUND placed.

"But Wisp, left-clicking makes you use the weapon "

So? just change the key for placing spell books. For Spell Books, if you right click on the shelf, the books would be placed, bam, problem solved .

Why not?
However, I'm pretty sure it won't be possible to put them on bookshelves. you would have to make tons of different sprites.

Why not?
However, I'm pretty sure it won't be possible to put them on bookshelves. you would have to make tons of different sprites.
You can't even put books on book shelves >.>
You craft the books into them

and place books on platforms....

I don't think 8 sprites is that many :/

I mean, you would neek a hellish number of bookCASES (wrong name, sorry) sprites if you want to place specific books on them.

With books already present as decoration, I don't see the point of turning weapons into book decoration.
Now if those weapon books could be placed AND linked to wire and a pressure plate AND shoot their projectiles around when someone steps onto the pressure plate, then at least they'd have a nice different function from normal books.

With books already present as decoration, I don't see the point of turning weapons into book decoration.
Now if those weapon books could be placed AND linked to wire and a pressure plate AND shoot their projectiles around when someone steps onto the pressure plate, then at least they'd have a nice different function from normal books.
Sometimes you get a lot of better weapons than some spell books and so you need to put them away. However they don't stack in chests, so being able to place them down as a decoration would save space.
I like your idea of wiring books though.

omg i wan 2 place spel boks!

Ridiculousness aside, this could work very nicely! Basically an alternative way to keep weapons rather than weapon racks.

However they don't stack in chests, so being able to place them down as a decoration would save space.
Save space? You can store 40 items in a chest, a chest takes 2x2 space to place, the same amount it'd take to place 2 books (books+ledges). It's not saving space, it's horribly inefficient. :)
Chests are easy to make and to find, so no person would ever be without enough storage space.

SO THEY WOULD WORK LIKE WEAPON RACKS, BUT FOR SPECIFIC WEAPONS ONLY?

IT'S ONLY LOGICAL, I CAN SUPPORT THIS

NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT BOOKSHELVES? I SUPPOSE THAT CAN'T BE HELPED

EDIT: PSST, MAYBE YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A MOD TO FIX THE TYPO
wait...whut typo? BTW, did you like the bookshelf idea? I'll bring it back if u want

SO THEY WOULD WORK LIKE WEAPON RACKS, BUT FOR SPECIFIC WEAPONS ONLY?

IT'S ONLY LOGICAL, I CAN SUPPORT THIS

NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT BOOKSHELVES? I SUPPOSE THAT CAN'T BE HELPED

EDIT: PSST, MAYBE YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A MOD TO FIX THE TYPO
THE CAPS LOCK IS IRREVERSIBLE!

BUT, IN ALL HONESTY, I LOVE THE THREAD!

Last edited:
You can place (normal) books on tables and on top of bookshelves, so I don't think it would be that hard to make empty bookshelves with multiple surfaces for items. Maybe instead of binding a new key (or similar solution) have a specific Spellbook Shelf that accepts the books when right clicked while holding the book.

Back
Top Bottom