Map-Survival Planetoids, revamped.

Is there any chance you add a Granite planetoid in the 1.3 version? Make it around the same size as the obsidian/hellstone planetoids maybe? :3

I don't see a reason not to, same goes for marble.

But quite a bit of research is required to find out what exactly triggers each biome.

Ayy, bit of a necro post, and my first post (made account for this) me and 2 of my friends just completed an expert 1.3 playthrough and now want to mix things up. I know that its physically impossible for it to be updated for 1.3 already, however did you ever finish the updates for 1.2.4.1, because I would love to start a playthough with a world like this.

Ayy, bit of a necro post, and my first post (made account for this) me and 2 of my friends just completed an expert 1.3 playthrough and now want to mix things up. I know that its physically impossible for it to be updated for 1.3 already, however did you ever finish the updates for 1.2.4.1, because I would love to start a playthough with a world like this.
Haha not a necro at all mate, last post was yesterday.
Yes, he did update it to 1.2, and it's really fun, me and my friends rarely finish a playthrough in normal terraria, but this time we liked it so much we started a second playthrough even!

I had a lot more planned for another 1.2 release, but it just didn't get finished and tested in time for 1.3; so now that'll just be pushed into one massive 1.3 release, that will take a while - might release beta's for the really impatient, but we'll see.

A couple of 1.3 things, namely everything not relying on new world gen, does work in planetoids already. And the current public version does work past killing the golem, so it may be possible to "finish" the game in planetoids as is. Obviously not all content available.

Planetoids has been CurseForge approved - located at:
http://terraria.curseforge.com/maps/planetoids/
Note that the main residence of Planetoids stays this thread and Omnitool's GitHub. Curse is secondary and is likely to receive updates delayed.

Last edited:
oh sorry, i guess the dates got glitched or something :/ it said you posted that in may for whatever reason idk, but anyways thanks for the info, me and my friends are starting a playthrough today :)

oh sorry, i guess the dates got glitched or something :/ it said you posted that in may for whatever reason idk, but anyways thanks for the info, me and my friends are starting a playthrough today :)
Let me know if something breaks/doesn't work with 1.3. Especially how well stuff past golem works. I have no idea if the cultists even recognize any of the dungeon planetoids for example.

alright, but the cultists might just spawn on a random dungeon planetois, if not ALL of them, which might be quite comical to spawn the lunar event multile times X3

The old man spawn point is defined as the same point as the world spawn. So in that case, he'd spawn right where you probably have your base XD
No. Old man spawns at the far left or right. Your thinking of the clothier.

Ok, so me an my friend started, and we we have full molten gear and what not, but the old man, i guess walked off the spawn world and is now somewhere in the depths of the world, is there a way to respawn him or something?

Ok, so me an my friend started, and we we have full molten gear and what not, but the old man, i guess walked off the spawn world and is now somewhere in the depths of the world, is there a way to respawn him or something?

Check around the transition between the surface layer and the underground in your starting planetoid, he tends to teleport into the ground there after the first night or so.

Well his spawn point is set inside solid rock, so that he doesn't fall off and gets stuck in place. It's a bit hacky but works.

I suggest that when you start a new world, the first thing you do is dig a few holes to trap the clothier/guide/merch

The only things I had to do on this was use TEdit to change the world to hardmode, and grab an alchemy table from another world for convenience, since the 1.3 items aren't included yet.

The wall of flesh refused to stay in the underworld and when killed, the corruption/hallow stripes appeared, but I never got the 'spirits of darkness and light released' message. Trying to smash an altar just resulted in damage, since the hardmode flag was never set. When saving and reloading the world, the corruption/hallow stripes were removed again.

Duke Fishron was challenging to fight, since the ocean biome is completely flooded to space. Had to take him on in his own element and do a lot of vertical moving using the turtle mount, neptune shell, and flipper potions. It can be drained, but it was fun doing it with it flooded. With him enraging when taken out of the ocean area, also have to be sure you don't get to the bottom as it is underground and turns to desert instead of ocean.

The cultists spawn in the starting planetoid, just had to dig out an area for them. The pillars themselves spawn on any planets they may be over, or at the surface/underground transition if they aren't over any.
Cultists_Scaled.png

Also a request for Atlantis mode. Could there be a solid row of some kind of blocks put just above the underworld layer to prevent all the water starting to evaporate slowly?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom