PS4 Plans for inventory menu PS4

Hi all,

Following the changes made to the PS4 version in the 1.3 update i would very much like to know if there are any plans to make the in-game inventory menu's more console friendly?

As it stands now i have to set up a chair 3 feet away from my decently large TV to be able to read the item descriptions and/or see what the items even are.
The main issues in my opinion are:

*The opacity of the menu background. ( A slider managing the opacity would potentially resolve this )
*The size of the fonts
*The blinking and brightness of the fonts
*The text overlay that occurs for some items. ( Most notably when choosing the 'crafting' option from the guide dude and seeing potential recipes)
*Size and opacity of the buff icons
*Size and opacity of the 'Stack items to nearby chests' icons

Perhaps these changes were tested on a PC monitor and not on a TV while sitting 8feet or more away? ( which is a big reason why we like to play terraria on console )

My main question is: Is this being looked at/ considered to being adjusted? The good people from Re-logic and Pipeworks seem to have responded to every concern mentioned but when it comes to these problems they remain eerily silent.

Is the response either 'We are looking for ways to make the menu more console friendly' OR 'This is what the menu's are now, get used to it. Currently we are not looking for ways to improve'? Awnser 2 is also fine by the way, i just really REALLY would like to know where i stand so i can potentially move on to other games. Thanks for your time!

Hi all,

Following the changes made to the PS4 version in the 1.3 update i would very much like to know if there are any plans to make the in-game inventory menu's more console friendly?

As it stands now i have to set up a chair 3 feet away from my decently large TV to be able to read the item descriptions and/or see what the items even are.
The main issues in my opinion are:

*The opacity of the menu background. ( A slider managing the opacity would potentially resolve this )
*The size of the fonts
*The blinking and brightness of the fonts
*The text overlay that occurs for some items. ( Most notably when choosing the 'crafting' option from the guide dude and seeing potential recipes)
*Size and opacity of the buff icons
*Size and opacity of the 'Stack items to nearby chests' icons

Perhaps these changes were tested on a PC monitor and not on a TV while sitting 8feet or more away? ( which is a big reason why we like to play terraria on console )

My main question is: Is this being looked at/ considered to being adjusted? The good people from Re-logic and Pipeworks seem to have responded to every concern mentioned but when it comes to these problems they remain eerily silent.

Is the response either 'We are looking for ways to make the menu more console friendly' OR 'This is what the menu's are now, get used to it. Currently we are not looking for ways to improve'? Awnser 2 is also fine by the way, i just really REALLY would like to know where i stand so i can potentially move on to other games. Thanks for your time!
Hi @Kapitein Lulhaas, right now the Pipeworks team has bug fixing as their priority. After crashes and critical bugs are stabilized, there will be time to go over the feedback from players, and the UI has been coming up a lot in regards to feedback. I'm betting there hasn't been a definitive answer given one way or the other simply because the critical bugs are a priority right now.

However, when the time comes to move on to the next stage, Loki has mentioned a variation of this sentiment many times on the forums:
Rest assured that I have a pretty extensive feedback list going. The UI stuff (finding ways to address the biggest complaints) is at the top of said list. Will get that in front of the team once they are done with bug squashing - which has to be their priority.

Hi @Kapitein Lulhaas, right now the Pipeworks team has bug fixing as their priority. After crashes and critical bugs are stabilized, there will be time to go over the feedback from players, and the UI has been coming up a lot in regards to feedback. I'm betting there hasn't been a definitive answer given one way or the other simply because the critical bugs are a priority right now.

However, when the time comes to move on to the next stage, Loki has mentioned a variation of this sentiment many times on the forums:

That great to hear! Thank you for being so involved with your player base, that's a rare thing these days.

Back
Top Bottom