Plantera autofarm (no armor)

thaweatherman

Terrarian
Hey all,

I recently completed an autofarm for Plantera. Fighting her can be a bit tedious so I decided to try and make something to do it for me.

Parts list:
35 spiky ball traps
139 super dart traps
2 dart traps (1 short on super dart traps and didn't want to make another world to find one)
2 switches
1 bird statue
29 pressure plates
29 one second timers
3 teleporters
3 heart lanterns
3 campfires
A lot of wire o_O

The farm works by starting the traps using a bird engine. Later I will go back and improve the bird engine so that 28 of the 1 second timers are unnecessary and it is instead powered by a continuous stream of birds. After starting the traps the player starts the teleporters. The teleporters will continuously move the player between them in sequence. Areas around the teleporters are cleared out so that Plantera's hands can't grab on close to the player and cause damage. Damage can still happen, as you will see in the demonstration video, but it is much more minimal as is. After Plantera is killed simply turn off the teleporters (jump off the main teleporter to the right then flip the switch) then turn off the traps and collect the loot.

There are multiple rows of jungle grass to allow more room for the bulbs to spawn. This needs to be underground for them to spawn. As a note, bulbs will spawn over top of any growth in the jungle so you do not have to worry about keeping each level clear of jungle plants.

The whole farm
jgUlIQA.png

The bird engine
i27fZyl.png

Spiky ball traps
2mUcIws.png

Timer controlling teleporters
fJzlss5.png

The final product in action

I apologize for the video quality. I was testing out Open Broadcaster Software and clearly I do not have it fine-tuned yet.

Last edited:
Nicely done! This was the cleanest fight I've seen on youtube - most other plantera autofarms have trouble evading damage but you had almost a clean run. You might even want to try to challenge yourself further by having a run with a newly created character with no armor or accessories and 100 life, and take no damage at all. I think if you removed that little patch of ground to the right of the teleporters that would reduce the chances of a plantera arm attaching there and potentially swinging through your body. Also, in the topmost teleporter, it might help to have a few spiky ball traps against the tendrils in the second plantera form.

The many rows of jungle grass to accelerate the spawning of the bulb is a good idea!

I might need to give my brand new character a cloud in the bottle or wings so it can survive the fall down in, but I like that idea!

I might need to move this further underground as bulb spawns are extremely slow. I edited one in so I could do this video.

I agree about the extra ball traps. The little arms got me twice I think in the second form. Ideally the player wouldn't take any damage when using this farm!

I might need to give my brand new character a cloud in the bottle or wings so it can survive the fall down in, but I like that idea!

You can put a shallow pool of water at the bottom of the shaft and you won't even need the accessories (or just run wire down the shaft and connect teleporters, or run rope down the shaft).

I might need to move this further underground as bulb spawns are extremely slow. I edited one in so I could do this video.

Might just be bad luck, because I've been running a lot of tests lately and I've been getting spawns pretty quickly. By the way, you already had a Plantera Bulb in the bottom left of your jungle platforms - did you perhaps miss it when you edited the other one in? If so then that would explain why you didn't see any more spawns since the bulbs don't spawn within 150-300 blocks of each other.

I must have not noticed it. Good eye!

And I forgot about water stopping fall damage. I've gotten so used to having wings that I don't think about those pre-hardmode tricks very often

Love how you don't even have to move your mouse, nice contraption.
That teleporter sound on repeat for 2 minutes however, not so nice.

Back
Top Bottom