Plantera Bulb Farm ; Help Please

iChaseLegends

Official Terrarian
Hello, just yesterday, I defeated all 3 mechanical bosses. Moving forward towards Plantera, I went into the jungle in search of Plantera Bulbs. In total, I have found 4. Of all those 4 Plantera Bulb summons, I ended up dying in each and every one of them. Anyways, since the jungle is so far away, I decided to make a Plantera Bulb farm. The farm itself has 11 levels at the moment and each level is 5 blocks in height. I've been on Terraria for at least 3 hours WITH the farm COMPLETED and not a single bulb has spawned. I would like some advice on how to fix this because I have tried many different ways to get bulbs to spawn. I even have a picture of my farm for people to see. Please help me seek out the problem.

http://gyazo.com/c90ddcb79047808224fcee2c1f29c2da

http://gyazo.com/0f3b2017b2d5768986dd2a8f2d7c5f38

Please tell me if there is anything I have to change about this.

First, is it actually in the jungle?
Second, don't AFK in the farm. I believe bulbs cannot spawn while you are there.
Third, the jungle is large enough that the bulbs have a small chance of even spawning in your farm. It's easier to explore the entire jungle, and use the map to search. When you hover over one on the map, it says "Plantera's Bulb".
Also, you are going to die if you fight Plantera there. There is no room to move around, and if you leave the jungle, Plantera becomes much faster and deals out way more damage.

@Cubicality This is an artificial jungle. I built this under my house with lots of mud block and used jungle seeds so that the jungle grass can spread. My house is located in the upperworld forest. Doing this, I think this should work. Secondly, I do not afk in the garden, but at my house. And lastly, I plan to make teleporters on both sides of the wall to comfort fighting against Plantera.

Just to verify - is the farm below 0 altitude?

Also, waiting 3 hours is not very long when you're just starting out with your artificial jungle. It seems from my own testing that the spawn rate of the bulb in the artificial jungle will go up once your actual jungle becomes saturated with bulbs (bulbs cannot spawn within 150 tiles of one another, so saturation is possible). You might have to wait awhile then before you see bulbs, or you might get lucky.

@Diamondheart Thank you for the advice, I will try.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433553631,1433553469][/DOUBLEPOST]@DicemanX It's been well over 5 hours and yet no bulbs. I will use a depth meter to check the altitude then I will tell you. Thank you for your help, I will reply ASAP.

Like DicemanX said, it has to be below 0 or "level" on a Depth meter/ Gps in game too... I forgot that part, and it's important. Try killing off a lot of the 3 mech bosses too, I think a new bulb spawns when one of them dies, should help speed up saturation of the natural jungle.

Also, if you look up the farm on youtube it mentions that when he moves he needs background tiles, so opening up gaps of sky (background layer) to "contain" Plantera is a good idea.

Hello, just yesterday, I defeated all 3 mechanical bosses. Moving forward towards Plantera, I went into the jungle in search of Plantera Bulbs. In total, I have found 4. Of all those 4 Plantera Bulb summons, I ended up dying in each and every one of them. Anyways, since the jungle is so far away, I decided to make a Plantera Bulb farm. The farm itself has 11 levels at the moment and each level is 5 blocks in height. I've been on Terraria for at least 3 hours WITH the farm COMPLETED and not a single bulb has spawned. I would like some advice on how to fix this because I have tried many different ways to get bulbs to spawn. I even have a picture of my farm for people to see. Please help me seek out the problem.

Gyazo

Gyazo

Please tell me if there is anything I have to change about this.
What is the deapth of the farm

Attachments

• reeee.png
    reeee.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom