Plantera Expert Mode

It's possible, but why would you want to do that? Plantera gets harder if you lure him out of the underground jungle.
I tried it a long time ago because a bulb spawned in Hell. It didn't work. ;-;
[DOUBLEPOST=1437931127,1437931108][/DOUBLEPOST]Because I died, I should say.

Still failed another try. We are really starting to think that this boss is ... unbalanced. I had turtle armor with chloro mask and we still coudn't kill it.
Ummm NAH I only beat it when me and a friend was using (note) SOLAR armour WITH Terrarian AND a arena now I cant beat it solo its too hard for me
[DOUBLEPOST=1438433519,1438433298][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and me and my friend hacked it before and used the noclip reds wings to fight enraged plantera. is easier now on normal mode when I got ufo key. if only UFOs let u noclip (fly through blocks)

Is she really that hard? I had some troubles when fighting it with friends but in solo, i got it the 1 try(expert, i can't do normal once i tasted expert mode). You should say why you find it hard, it would be easier to know what to do to deafeat her. Also, always have a bezoar(or up) because poison will defeat you no matter what.

Plantera is no different in Expert mode except it has more tendrils. This means piercing attacks are ideal as the added tendrils easily block attacks that can't pierce through to Plantera itself.

Easy fight, approach is the same, just helps to have piercing. You don't need tons of buffs, heart statues or anything like that. Decent "arena" (just dig out the area so you can move around) helps though, of course.

As some others have said, the first thing you oughtta do is upgrade your armor to chlorophyte. Now that you can afford a pickaxe-axe/Hamdrax, there's really no reason not to.

Having huge troubles with Plantera at the moment, mainly due she's way too fast, sitting on top of me at all times, there's a few sweetspots in my arena where she doesn't move fast, but when she reaches second phase, I have to move away from them.
Arena.jpg

That's my current arena, the nurse is just to heal before the fight (damn hornets.)
The honey pool is fairly deep, and I use honey so her balls won't bounce up again, for sure, I also dip into it quick when starting the fight for some early on regen help.
The balls I've made with diamond spark are a test, I'm probably gonna remove them, or actuate them, I was hoping they would slow her down but didn't.
Anyway, my main problem is she's extremely fast sometimes, Impossible to get away from her when she does it, like, she's on top of me at all times, using hooks doesn't help because she's on top of me again just as quick.
I've read somewhere that she moves slower in a small corridor, but I tried that too using that and the second part of that arena which is a plantera bulb farm, it's slightly bigger than the arena itself.

My main weapon for first phase is UZI with chlorobullets, second phase I change to crystal bullets.
Accs are Hard Avenger Emblem (Trying for Warding), Warding EoW scarf, Warding Charm of Myths, Warding Charm of Myths, Warding Star Veil, Warding Frozen Wings, Warding Ankh Shield.
Armor is chlorophyte ranged set.
Defense is 65, no clue about dps, though she gets to second phase pretty quick so should be enough.
I use most potions that actually help.

And yes, I'm pretty bad at the game lol.

Last edited:
Having huge troubles with Plantera at the moment, mainly due she's way too fast, sitting on top of me at all times, there's a few sweetspots in my arena where she doesn't move fast, but when she reaches second phase, I have to move away from them.
View attachment 67905

That's my current arena, the nurse is just to heal before the fight (damn hornets.)
The honey pool is fairly deep, and I use honey so her balls won't bounce up again, for sure, I also dip into it quick when starting the fight for some early on regen help.
The balls I've made with diamond spark are a test, I'm probably gonna remove them, or actuate them, I was hoping they would slow her down but didn't.
Anyway, my main problem is she's extremely fast sometimes, Impossible to get away from her when she does it, like, she's on top of me at all times, using hooks doesn't help because she's on top of me again just as quick.
I've read somewhere that she moves slower in a small corridor, but I tried that too using that and the second part of that arena which is a plantera bulb farm, it's slightly bigger than the arena itself.

My main weapon for first phase is UZI with chlorobullets, second phase I change to crystal bullets.
Accs are Hard Avenger Emblem (Trying for Warding), Warding EoW scarf, Warding Charm of Myths, Warding Charm of Myths, Warding Star Veil, Warding Frozen Wings, Warding Ankh Shield.
Armor is chlorophyte ranged set.
Defense is 65, no clue about dps, though she gets to second phase pretty quick so should be enough.
I use most potions that actually help.

And yes, I'm pretty bad at the game lol.
The wiki's page on Plantera said:
Plantera only becomes "enraged Plantera" if it follows the player out of the Underground Jungle, to the surface, for instance. This causes it to change its pink color to orange, gain double damage, double (quadruple in second form) defense and increased movement speed, as well as changing its attack patterns and directly rushing the player with its body. Plantera's behavior returns to normal upon reentry of the Underground Jungle biome.
Your arena looks rather big, which could mean that parts of it now count as the regular underground, or cavern biomes, which is indicated by their respective themes playing, so that's probably why your having so much trouble, try adding some more jungle grass in the arena.

Your arena looks rather big, which could mean that parts of it now count as the regular underground, or cavern biomes, which is indicated by their respective themes playing, so that's probably why your having so much trouble, try adding some more jungle grass in the arena.

You are correct, there's a small area in the middle of the arena and continuing down which counts as underground... D:

How to fix, guess I'll try changing some of the mahogany into jungle blocks on the nurses house and diamond spark balls into jungle blocks.

You know you build arenas that are too big when the biome changes in it...

EDIT: Killed her. =_=
10 tries to kill her, then to find out she was enraging, now killed her on first try lol.

Last edited:
A really good method i used was with the Daedalus storm bow and holy arrows, with the right arena and accessories it can beat plantera in a matter of seconds. i used chlorophyte armor and ironskin, swiftness and regeneration potions.

Seriously? I don't want to insult people for being bad, but when you make a claim "plantera requires lunar gear and up, that makes me mad. How bad must you be, seriously.

Not much to say here that hasn't been said, other than to consider the fact that plantera's spiky balls fall, gravitation potions exist, she has to grapple blocks to get around, and chlorophyte bullets go around corners. I pretty much just used chlorophyte gear, some defensive accessories, a gravitation potion, and an unreal megashark as WEPON to kill her in a walled-in artificial jungle/chlorophyte farm roughly the size of four 1920x1080 screens.

I just realised... my mistake was using explosive bullets with my megashark!!! Using chlorophyte bullets was SO much easier I killed her so fast!!!

Not sure why you would use explosive bullets on a boss of which you get close to, in some way, a lot.

That being considered, with how close you are to Plantera constantly, Crystal bullets is a better choice.

Have you tried leading plantera to the surface? Then have a platform complex above the jungle with no blocks plantera can grab onto?

Sure plantera becomes Enraged, but as long as youre too far up to be reached, youre fine

I beat expert Plantera solo with turtle armor and a death scythe, buff potions/campfire/heart lantern, and an arena where I could do the old "teleport between two areas and watch the boss fail to deal with it" trick. It got kinda hairy when plantera stuck a tendril directly on one of my teleporters, though (and sometimes its shots could hit me anyway if I timed the teleports wrong), so I had to end up doing some of the fight legit. The death scythe worked great for killing the phase 2 tendril things and allowing me to kite it, since its projectile sticks around so long.

Last edited:
Alternatively you can omit having an arena entirely and rely on the jungle's natural caves [while of course expanding and connecting tunnels so you don't end up in a dead-end]. Being able to constantly outrun Plantera without the risk of dodging the cluster:red: of vines is a godsend. Not to mention that it makes hunting for bulbs much less of a problem.

I like making arenas, but honestly I find that it negatively impacts performance when fighting Plantera.

I use chlorophyte when fighting plantera, and I use dynamite or bombs to dig a large circle/looping path to run along, plantera stays behind me, and if I get low on health I can just run ahead and wait for potion sickness to wear off

I haven't yet made my way into Expert, still enjoying Normal mode, but wondering if she's really so much harder? I've read up on the changes when playing Expert, but I practically obliterate her with my Legendary Fetid Baghanakhs, starveil, normal potions and melee accessories. I just stand there, don't move at all, and left click, never reaching less than 3/4- 2/3 health, down in seconds. Curious to see if anyone else who has used the claws has had to change their melee strat?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Back
Top Bottom