Plantera Expert Mode

He or she is quite easy, I think all bosses are quite...easy (yes even moonlord)...It just asks for prep time, dodging and some knowledge about the boss.

For plantera I used a mediocre sized arena, but I had multiple rooms for the fight. Basically when the heat got to me, I ran to another room. She won't do much moving from room to room so it's a perfect chance for regrouping and healing. In the second phase of the fight...once she gets to about half hp start running away and keep shooting her. Once she transforms she begins her CHAAAARGGEEE MADAFAKAAAAA and this is bad news. run around (perhaps switch rooms) and wait for her.

Now, just shoot her and once the room gets too filled with her tentacles, switch room and just rinse and repeat.

Also you REALLY want all warding for this match and, if you can manage, use most of the potions available.

Tip: use a Star Veil (or atleast Cross Necklace), it will save your life when you get stuck on her vines.

Have fun.

Plantera is simply an endurance fight. If you're having trouble, upgrade. If you're still in Hallowed, get Chlorophyte. Weapon not doing the job? Find another one that will.
Pretty much just keep upgrading until you can win with your eyes closed.

me and my friend did it easily with turtle and shroomite armor

So basicly you cheated.

you beat plantera with Turtle armor and Shroomite. However, Shroomite can only be obtained AFTER You beat Plantera.

I have just one thing to say to you.

Get out of here and don't come back until youve done all of expertmode and Plantera LEGIT

In my opinion expert mode should have never been added in the first place. Its like "Hey, you want the most op gear? Play on this mode where the point isn't to have fun, but to die 10 million times from slimes and getting one shotted by dart traps." I can understand some of the expert drops, but making the Demon Heart, Gravity Globe, Suspicious Tentacle, and Mechanical Minecart expert only was just CHEAP. Those items are now basically staple now, and the fact that normal players cant use them for no reason other then they aren't good enough at the game is discriminant and unnecessary. Expert should be a challenge for players who want to be challenged, not a cheap trick to force people to play it to get some of the most important items in the game.

>most important items in the game

3AnL5ZG.png

Expert mode was made specifically to satisfy the crowd that goes around yelling "THE GAME IS TOO EASY NERF EVERYTHING" and the devs took some liberties with a few items because they have a little heart to add some shinies to it. That's the whole problem. Why are these items needed? Why was the demon heart needed most of all?

They aren't important items by a longshot. They are joke items at best and expert mode can be beaten without them.

>most important items in the game

3AnL5ZG.png

Expert mode was made specifically to satisfy the crowd that goes around yelling "THE GAME IS TOO EASY NERF EVERYTHING" and the devs took some liberties with a few items because they have a little heart to add some shinies to it. That's the whole problem. Why are these items needed? Why was the demon heart needed most of all?

They aren't important items by a longshot. They are joke items at best and expert mode can be beaten without them.
True, but they are extremely fun items. Like Gravity Globe. Everyone wanted it in the actual game, and it was added as something you have to play some stupid hardcore mode to get? And ESPECIALLY DEMON HEART, I think its beyond pointless and stupid that that is expert only.

Me and my friend beat it first try. We made a giant arena and basically used frostburn armor, some potions, standard placeable buffs (campfire, sunflower etc) and flying knives and the hallowed mimic bow. Full nurse cheese. Put up a good fight but we made it.

True, but they are extremely fun items. Like Gravity Globe. Everyone wanted it in the actual game, and it was added as something you have to play some stupid hardcore mode to get? And ESPECIALLY DEMON HEART, I think its beyond pointless and stupid that that is expert only.
The gravity globe is... very questionable. It's actually worse than gravity potions; you can't switch gravity in midair. It needs some changing - it's *never* worth actually wearing, and the novelty of it wears off quick when you realize that if you've beaten expert mode moon lord, there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to get as many gravity potions as you want.

The demon heart is basically a non-issue, IMO, given that the extra slot is only usable in expert mode worlds; it feels less like like a super-cool awesome item and more like just a balancing tweak for expert mode.

As for everything else, if all you really want is the expert mode items, there's nothing stopping you from bringing normal-mode endgame gear into an expert mode world and killing stuff. Everything except the moon lord and *maybe* Fishron will be completely trivial to beat, and with post-moonlord gear, I'm sure they'll at least be easier than the first time you beat them.

The gravity globe is... very questionable. It's actually worse than gravity potions; you can't switch gravity in midair. It needs some changing - it's *never* worth actually wearing, and the novelty of it wears off quick when you realize that if you've beaten expert mode moon lord, there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to get as many gravity potions as you want.

The demon heart is basically a non-issue, IMO, given that the extra slot is only usable in expert mode worlds; it feels less like like a super-cool awesome item and more like just a balancing tweak for expert mode.

As for everything else, if all you really want is the expert mode items, there's nothing stopping you from bringing normal-mode endgame gear into an expert mode world and killing stuff. Everything except the moon lord and *maybe* Fishron will be completely trivial to beat, and with post-moonlord gear, I'm sure they'll at least be easier than the first time you beat them.
Thats a perfect solution, thank you!

So basicly you cheated.

you beat plantera with Turtle armor and Shroomite. However, Shroomite can only be obtained AFTER You beat Plantera.

I have just one thing to say to you.

Get out of here and don't come back until youve done all of expertmode and Plantera LEGIT
what? no thats not true mate, the truffle moved in because we had an above ground biome, so we got the auto hammer, and then shroomite.

what? no thats not true mate, the truffle moved in because we had an above ground biome, so we got the auto hammer, and then shroomite.
The Truffle only sells the autohammer after you beat plantera, not when you first find him
[DOUBLEPOST=1439744197,1439743937][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry for double post ( forum keeps logging me out whenever I try to reply, delete or edit anything at all, so I had to make a new post )

and No, this is not a bug, because theres no way that filter can be overriden, unless you manually cheated in the autohammer, got it from another world which is also cheating, or you modified the world so it counted plantera as defeated, then defeated it yourself afterwards.

The fact that the autohammer is Post-Plantera exclusive, is known to everyone who played through the game in 1.2

The Truffle only sells the autohammer after you beat plantera, not when you first find him
[DOUBLEPOST=1439744197,1439743937][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry for double post ( forum keeps logging me out whenever I try to reply, delete or edit anything at all, so I had to make a new post )

and No, this is not a bug, because theres no way that filter can be overriden, unless you manually cheated in the autohammer, got it from another world which is also cheating, or you modified the world so it counted plantera as defeated, then defeated it yourself afterwards.

The fact that the autohammer is Post-Plantera exclusive, is known to everyone who played through the game in 1.2
really? meh then i tustve done it chlorophyte armor. it was a while ago, all iii is that no cheating was involved

Me and my friend beat it first try. We made a giant arena and basically used frostburn armor, some potions, standard placeable buffs (campfire, sunflower etc) and flying knives and the hallowed mimic bow. Full nurse cheese. Put up a good fight but we made it.

Well, I see no point in doing expertmode, if youre just going to cheat it anyway by bringing items you didnt get whilst being in expertmode.

The expertmode are made for those who knows how to prepare, knows which items to use, and knows how to make strategies to counter the boss' moves.

You say its too hard? It's not, youre simply incapable of planning the neccessary preparation required to progress.
Proof of point: People have lost to bosses in expertmode, even with gear that can only be acquired after the boss. Simply because THEY DIDNT PREPARE.

Normalmode: you prepare what items to wear against the boss.
Expertmode: you prepare what items to wear against the boss, how to manouver around the boss, how to dodge the boss attacks, prepare against the boss' patterns, prepare the area in which you fight the boss on, and lastly. Prepare for any interferance or any problem which can delay the fight.

Actually, according to the wiki, before 1.2.3 he could have bought it from the truffle. If this is the case then he didn't cheat.
  • 1.2: Introduced.
  • 1.2.3:Can no longer be purchased until Plantera has been defeated.

Actually, according to the wiki, before 1.2.3 he could have bought it from the truffle. If this is the case then he didn't cheat.
  • 1.2: Introduced.
  • 1.2.3:Can no longer be purchased until Plantera has been defeated.

Well, he bought it from the truffle in 1.3 before he beat plantera. ( he said he beat plantera in expertmode, which, is after 1.2.3

Remove the s from https, if there is one. If it doesn't work, got to the forums help section and post a thread their/

Back
Top Bottom