Plantera is way too hard

Dragonslayerbat

Terrarian
So heres the deal. I have tried to kill plantera at least 5 times now, but I can't. I don't want to build a big arena, and teleporters caused it to despawn. I have a True nights edge, Spider minion, and megashark. For armor I have hallowed mask, turtle chestpiece, and mythril greaves. Anybody got any ideas?

Get a full set of hallowed, build a big arena, and use platforms and healing. Use the mega shark, and most weapons at that tier function well. Try getting more Eclipse weapons.

And what eclipse weapons do you mean?
Drops from Solar Eclipse event enemies.

I've managed to defeat her several times with Turtle Armor, a Megashark, and a few hundred Chlorophyte Bullets, with occasional blasts from a Golden Shower for defense reduction. I'm not particularly skillful and got killed on my first try wearing some other kind of armor, so I went for high defense and won.

First of all, with Plantera you want a plan for where you'll go in the fight. Plantera's movement makes it quite easy to spin circles around it, but watch out for the spitting seeds or else you'll be punished harshly. I suggest finding/terraforming a donut sort of shape in the jungle, as the middle that you will be skirting around will be blocking many of the seeds.

When you get to the second form, you just want to be moving away from Plantera. It loses everything but the ability to melee you, so you'll want an escape route for this form to stop you from getting hurt.

As for gear, I suggest Chlorophyte Armor with the ranged helmet and a Megashark with Crystal Bullets. If possible use a full set of armor, as Chlorophyte is the first tier where set bonuses start to really matter in the game (well, if you got all the 1.1 ores and corruption that is). For buffs all that's needed is the basic Ironskin, Regeneration, and Well Fed.

Hallowed gear may be too weak for Plantera unless you can dance around it - and to dance around it you'll need a big arena.

As an alternative, you can bring it to the surface and build a very long platform above the ground. While Plantera gets stronger above the ground, its mobility is heavily impaired so you'll only have to worry about its ranged attacks. You can use a melee weapon even with that strategy - the Chlorophyte Partisan has quite a good reach for a melee weapon of its tier, and its gas cloud can do nice damage even if the weapon itself doesn't hit.

Plantera, like most other bosses, isn't impossible if you learn its weaknesses and make sure you use them in your favor.

Nobody mentioned this but I found Megashark + crystal bullets pretty effective against Plantera. You can also create a vertical wall and circle around it while shooting a projectile that can pass through walls (like Death Sickle).

You need to make an arena, also put camp fires and heart lantens - they are vital. also make sure you have good potions, eg. ironskin potion, thorns potion, regeneration potion and swiftness, something optional for your megashark that I used, would be ichor bullets, you need musket bullets and ichor (these are dropped from ichor stickers-found in underground hardmode crimson)
They do good damage themselves but also inflict the "ichor debuff" which significantly reduces enemy defense. Afterwards its just about dodging attacks and doing damage.
And if you have the money you could try to reforge your megashark

vaytro

When I fight plantera and I want to tryhard the battle, I usually make a tunnel the size of the screen, place teleports on either side of the tunnel, and just teleport back and forth as I shoot at plantera with either a uzi with chlorophyte bullets, or a megashark with crystal bullets. I know this is a very simple thing, but it works every time for me. I rarely get hit when using this strategy.

May also be worth reforging your gear to give +defense - it will make the fight last a bit longer but so might you. :)

Get full hallowed armor with mask ( meele ) and a tabi from bone lee in the dungeon to enable a dash and dodge plantera. Try to use explosive bullets with mega shark for splash damage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453244264,1453244204][/DOUBLEPOST]Or yolo it like me and go full on true nights edge on it with cobalt shield and wreck it (not recommended)

So heres the deal. I have tried to kill plantera at least 5 times now, but I can't. I don't want to build a big arena, and teleporters caused it to despawn. I have a True nights edge, Spider minion, and megashark. For armor I have hallowed mask, turtle chestpiece, and mythril greaves. Anybody got any ideas?
I killed him in one try (if you dont count the console freezing and deleting progress) but heres my strategy 5 years to this day. have wide area, house with bed near the bulb, nurse in that house have the golden shower and megashark with cursed bullets. equipment: wings, frostspark boots, mana flower, celestial cuffs, and worm scarf. have the magic mirror in your quick-use and dance around plantera firing the megashark and golden shower. have auto-pause on and when you get low on health, magic mirror to the nurse.

I just used hallowed armor 415 hp and a phantom phoenix

alright so this is how i did it my first time. build a box roughly 30x25 or so and place a teleporter on each side. plantera shouldnt despawn as they are fairly close together. wire them together with some switches and obtain a weapon capable of piercing tiles. i would go with the death sickle, as shown in the picture.

strategy:
>lure plantera into the arena
>hit plantera through the walls of the box
>when plantera gets too close, teleport to the other side.
AFB9D0A9-18FC-4828-9917-DE9CA5083561.jpeg

Get full hallowed armor with mask ( meele ) and a tabi from bone lee in the dungeon to enable a dash and dodge plantera. Try to use explosive bullets with mega shark for splash damage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453244264,1453244204][/DOUBLEPOST]Or yolo it like me and go full on true nights edge on it with cobalt shield and wreck it (not recommended)
Tabi is post plantera

Back
Top Bottom