Game Mechanics Plantera-ish hook usage

Dexie

Steampunker
This is kind of a short one, but if your mouse cursor is over a wall and the hook extends fully and hits no tiles, the hook should grab onto the wall. If you don't know what I mean, it's similar to how Plantera moves around in the jungle. In this same way, if there are no walls, the hook just comes back to you like it does in 1.3. I drew a (pretty bad) MS Paint example if you want to see it visually.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 126
I do like this concept, though it may be a little bit overpowered for some hooks, but it would be a nice addition.
Maybe it's a hook power, the same way only the Static Hook can suspend and Anti-Gravity hook can move. There could be a couple of hooks that can do this just like how there are a couple of swords that autoswing.

This could work better as a feature of the Thorn Hook with some tweaking:

If your cursor is on a wall when you press E, the Thorn Hook hooks you exactly there. If it's on a tile or just plain air instead, it works normally. Probably sounds more useful than it actually is, but it would definitely make that Hook more worth the grind than it currently is.

Maybe it's a hook power, the same way only the Static Hook can suspend and Anti-Gravity hook can move. There could be a couple of hooks that can do this just like how there are a couple of swords that autoswing.
Actually a lot of swords autoswing :dryadtongue:
But perhaps it could be only one hook that does this, the wall grabber.
This could work better as a feature of the Thorn Hook with some tweaking:

If your cursor is on a wall when you press E, the Thorn Hook hooks you exactly there. If it's on a tile or just plain air instead, it works normally. Probably sounds more useful than it actually is, but it would definitely make that Hook more worth the grind than it currently is.
This would make the Thorn hook much more usable as currently it has the exact same stats as the giant mimic hooks.

Back
Top Bottom