Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I am currently farming plantera for the seedler, and had tried to cut through the jungle temple (which I hollowed out) but she despawned. I don't know why, as the temple can't normally be accessed pre-plantera anyways, and would just be slower to cut through since the blocks can't be broken or actuated pre-plantera.

What if it just counts as a different biome? Btw, if the bulb was whithin your sight - this explains everything.

What if it just counts as a different biome? Btw, if the bulb was whithin your sight - this explains everything.
If plantera is in a different biome, then she becomes enraged, so it can't be that. It has happened twice now. The first time was before making this, and I was quite far from her, so I wrote it off as that. But this time, I was close to it.

You can fight Plantera in the temple normally.
Doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Just to check: Was there a long distance between you and Plantera when she despawned the second time? Did she despawn while she was on-screen?

I'll check this out and see if I can reproduce it.

I think she was barely off-screen, but not enough to despawn her. I wish I had made a clip, but alas, I did not think of it at the time.

I would try to reproduce it as well, but it would require a plantera bulb, and my knowledge of tedit is not enough to get one.

It might have been a glitch, because the temple is still considered a jungle biome because If you place enough temple bricks on the surface it will become jungle.

I gave this a test and I don't think it's the Temple itself that's the problem. Plantera seems to have a very small despawn radius. I got her to despawn when her hooks were on screen, multiple times. I'll bring this up for further discussion. Given the usual strategy for fighting Plantera is to lure her to an arena, the despawn requirements have to be somewhat lenient. Thank you for the report!

Back
Top Bottom