PC Platforms making npcs live on the house bellow theirs bug.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I found this bug a while ago, and were having fun triggering It. I'll even need screenshots to explain this.
I'm used to give a space of 1 tile between the Chair and the Table, to make the characters less cramped. But for some reason, I decided to place a platform on the floor
in between them, and see what happened. Then the Zoologist begun moving around.

The Golfer remained on his chair normally, until I talked with him and closed dialogue, now two npcs are wandering around trying to get home.

Once I moved away for a while and returned, I discovered that they teleported, and are actually living inside the Guide's house.

If you replace the floor under the flag for a platform, It will bug the game checking for where the npc will stay, and make It try moving to the house bellow.
Actually, I've only tested that in places with a house bellow. Houses that have no open space under the platform wont make the npc try finding their home.

I don't know if you can make the npc move outside home, by placing a platform under the flag, when their house is suspended in the air, and there is no safe walls behind It.
I'll need to test that.

Edit:. It works.
I'm already partially regretting reporting this bug, hahaha.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Nurse and Snowball sharing the same space.

In case you aren't able to trigger this bug, place the npc flag inside the house BEFORE placing the platform in between.
The bug persists upon reloading the save.

Edit 2:. Well, It seems like the game tries correcting the npc standing positioning sometimes during the day, so only at night to see this bug persist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom