Game Mechanics Platinum Coin Portal

Agree with my idea? (Open to constructive critisizm)

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Shmendan

Steampunker
I think a platinum coin portal would be very helpful. Of course not in pre hardmode, or even early hardmode, that would be too overpowered and would allow you to buy basically anything. I think the platinum coin portal should be activated once you have beaten all three mechanical bosses or have beaten Plantera (what do you think? Post in comments.) Even after you have met the requirements, it should still be very rare and would only drop 1-2 platinum coins. I think it would help out when you are trying to save up for some late game things, such as the clentaminator or the autohammer. When you are mining for chlorophyte after fighting the mecha bosses you will likely come across many pots, thus increasing your chance to get it. If someone could make a graphic and post it into the comments that would be neat.

I like the idea, if it maybe was buffed when you beat say the pirate invasion. However, coin portals come from pots ( Correct me if i'm wrong ) and you'd probably have broken most in your world. So the chance would be literally 1 to quite alot, despite there being pots when you're mining chlorophyte. I'd would of broken them in the jungle before that.
I really like the idea though, this could be interesting! Perhaps when you kill a pirate it has a chance to spawn the platinum portal!

At the point where this would activate it would no longer be useful due to the amount of money that may be farmed from the pirate invasion alone.

At the point where this would activate it would no longer be useful due to the amount of money that may be farmed from the pirate invasion alone.
I just feel a platinum coin portal would be something a lot of people would anticipate to get, given it being so rare and since you already feel happy when theres a normal coin portal, the feeling from the platinum coin portal would be even better.
I like the idea, if it maybe was buffed when you beat say the pirate invasion. However, coin portals come from pots ( Correct me if i'm wrong ) and you'd probably have broken most in your world. So the chance would be literally 1 to quite alot, despite there being pots when you're mining chlorophyte. I'd would of broken them in the jungle before that.
I really like the idea though, this could be interesting! Perhaps when you kill a pirate it has a chance to spawn the platinum portal!

The pot thing is a good point. Being dropped by pirates and maybe some of the enemies in the jungle temple would be good along with the pots.

I don't know about you guys, but I swear I've seen pots regenerate before. I clear out an area, come back days later, and then there's more pots! I'm not sure if I'm just crazy, but either way, it happens to me.

I don't know about you guys, but I swear I've seen pots regenerate before. I clear out an area, come back days later, and then there's more pots! I'm not sure if I'm just crazy, but either way, it happens to me.
The pots don’t respawn but I’ve noticed this seems to happen too even though it’s probably my imagination

Maybe after you kill Plantera pots start respawning (for a specific amount of Terraria days)
That would be an excellent idea. Inside those pots there could be some rarer post-plantera items and some different pot varients like golden pots or galactic pots after the martian madness or something.

I mean I got this lucky, I cant find the chances of this spawning tho.

Attachments

• Capture 2020-05-04 08_20_57.png
    Capture 2020-05-04 08_20_57.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom