Console Playable Unknown World?!?!?

J.02

Terrarian
Ok so I have a question, I know that if your world says "unknown world" it usually means it's corrupted files/saves but I just noticed today (been playing on this same terraria world for awhile now idk how I never noticed) but it's world size is "Unknown world" but it's playable and not broken? Lol idk if I should be scared or not bc I have a lot of items and stuff in this world so like if it's corrupted Im aboutta to move everything I have to a new world but I just don't get it bc it's playable and not crashing or anything so I'm confused anyone know if I'm safe? I'm also on Xbox one if that matters

i thought "unknown world" just meant it was a world created on the old gen versions, before the world sizes were matched to the PC version?

cause usually it says small/medium/large world, doesn't it?

but in old gen, those sizes were completely different, if i recall.

might be wrong, that's just how i figured it, cause my old gen worlds are called "unknown worlds".

i thought "unknown world" just meant it was a world created on the old gen versions, before the world sizes were matched to the PC version?

cause usually it says small/medium/large world, doesn't it?

but in old gen, those sizes were completely different, if i recall.

might be wrong, that's just how i figured it, cause my old gen worlds are called "unknown worlds"
That's what I'm thinking too but at the same time I'm not sure bc the main world that says "unknown world" was created in 2019 and I wanna say I was on old gen at the time but I don't fully remember bc I also have a world that was created in 2014 that's in expert mode so i know definitely that one had to be from Xbox 360. But I just don't get why my main world says unknown world now but it's still playable so all I can do is just hope nothing bad happens to it randomly like file corrupted bc I have so much items and progress unless I just move everything to a new world but that will take so much time to do. Anyway thanks for replying doe I thought nobody would help tbh.

If your world size is "unknown world" then it was probably from pre-1.3. Before 1.4, it would say "large/medium/small (legacy)" as world sizes were increased to the same size as pc in the 1.3 update. As of 1.4, any "legacy" world now simply says "unknown"

there never was expert mode on old gen tho
Oh really? I haven't played old gen in long time so I don't really remember tbh but if that's the case then that's weird that a 2014 world is in expert mode lol. There's lotta things I didn't know like I found out couple weeks ago that ocram is only on old gen and they removed it from new gen updates bc I do remember fighting ocram when I had 360

If your world size is "unknown world" then it was probably from pre-1.3. Before 1.4, it would say "large/medium/small (legacy)" as world sizes were increased to the same size as pc in the 1.3 update. As of 1.4, any "legacy" world now simply says "unknown"
Ah ok that's good to know bc after all the unknown world=corrupted files/saves I thought I was aboutta lose my stuff but knew something was off anyway since everytime I go into the world I'm not crashing or anything. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom