tModLoader Player & Enemy Stats Multipliers

whismerhill

Terrarian
This TModLoader mod allows you to change global enemy/player stats and also global spawn rates.

Configuration is pretty straightforward :
  1. Download the mod
  2. Install the mod (if downloaded manually, skip this step if done from the modbrowser)
  3. Activate the mod
  4. Quit the game or ALT-Tab
  5. Modify values in : "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\GlobalStatsConfig.json"
  6. Relaunch game or reload mods

Sidenotes: Player health & mana values are just multipliers AS IF you had a buff with the corresponding multiplier (except it doesn't take a buff slot). Translation : your character real health value will be unchanged when in character selection menu.

Download : Through the ModBrowser or below
https://github.com/whismerhill/Enem...rs/releases/download/1.0/WhisStatsConfig.tmod

Important Configuration Notes:
GlobalPlayerManaMultiplier : it is unwise to increase this value, since the max mana is capped at 400 which is reachable in default vanilla already. you can however decrease this value such as say : 0.5 to divide values by 2. if you want more mana use GlobalItemManaUsageMultiplier instead. Since reducing the mana consumption of items is the same as increasing player max mana pretty much.

NOTE: THIS FILE IS GENERATED BY FOLLOWING THE INSTALL CONFIGURATION
Here's an example at what a modified configuration file looks like
Code:
{
  "GlobalEnemySpawnRateMultiplier": 2.0,
  "GlobalEnemySpawnCapMultiplier": 3.0,
  "GlobalEnemyHealthMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalEnemyDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalProjectileDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalEnemyDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalEnemyKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalEnemyMoneyMultiplier": 2.0,
  "GlobalArmorDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalItemDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalItemManaUsageMultiplier": 0.5,
  "GlobalPlayerHealthMultiplier": 1.5,
  "GlobalPlayerHealthRegenMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalPlayerManaMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalPlayerDefenseMultiplier": 1.5,
  "GlobalPlayerCritChanceMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalBossHealthMultiplier": 1.5,
  "GlobalBossDamageMultiplier": 2.0,
  "GlobalBossDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalBossKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "GlobalBossMoneyMultiplier": 2.0,
  "GlobalBossScaleMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalEnemyHealthMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalEnemyDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalProjectileDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalEnemyDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalEnemyKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalEnemyMoneyMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalBossHealthMultiplier": 2.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalBossDamageMultiplier": 2.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalBossDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalBossKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "HardmodeGlobalBossMoneyMultiplier": 2.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalEnemyHealthMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalEnemyDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalProjectileDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalEnemyDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalEnemyKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalEnemyMoneyMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalBossHealthMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalBossDamageMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalBossDefenseMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalBossKnockbackMultiplier": 1.0,
  "PostMoonLordGlobalBossMoneyMultiplier": 1.0
}

Update 1.0.7: Added GlobalItemManaUsageMultiplier. Because Player Mana has a strange cap and can't go any higher than 400 it seems. (also for example with 20 mana & 10x multiplier the game won't allow you to go past 120 mana which correspond to a 6x multiplier)

Update 1.0.6: Fix for Crit Chance Multiplier. forgot some damage type (thrown)

Update 1.0.5: Added "GlobalPlayerDefenseMultiplier" which this time will multiply ALL player defense globally including, accessories, prefixes, buffs ....

Update 1.0.4: Added Player Crit Chance multipliers. haven't tested over 100% crit chance if you go crazy on them. Keep in mind this makes more damage & also way more knockback when a crit happens (default game behavior, it's just a reminder for balancing).

Update 1.0.3: Fixed items Mana usage being changed due to left over testing code. sorry folks

Update 1.0.2: Renamed "GlobalItemDefenseMultiplier" to "GlobalArmorDefenseMultiplier", your values will be transferred from the old to the new value. reason being that all my testing shows this value only ever affected Armor base defense, prefixes bonus defense never got multiplied. so this new name reflect that.
Update 1.0.1: Fixed items not being considered for player changes, they are now multiplied correctly.

Update 1.0.0: RELEASE. also concatenated the multiple config files in one.

Update 0.9.5: Thanks to JopoJelly, added player health & mana modifiers.

Update 0.9.4: removed specific per mod per boss modifiers too much support, too little interest on my part. Feel free to contribute Pull Request on GitHub though.

Update 0.9.3: removed scaling for non-boss, it was causing AI problems for some entities.
scaling for boss is still here use at your own risk.

Update 0.9.2: removed non boss only knockback modifier, boss & global are enough, can divide if needed.

Update 0.9.1: Fixed global stats. a lot of entities were NOT affected by the changes due to the way they were implemented in game.
This should now be completely fixed. HOWEVER when using cheatsheet NPC browser tool. the values shown in the interface does not correspond. spawning should work fine either way. Thanks to Mirsario for the help.

Update 0.9.0: Forked from compa's work on enemy stats config.
version number pushed back

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Update Notes From Compa's work
Update 1.1.4: Added a non boss only knockback modifier.
Updated support for Bluemagic, Calamity, Randomness.

Update 1.1.3.2: Fixed a bug with the error log being spammed.

Update 1.1.3.1: Updated support for spirit and tremor to the latest version.

Update 1.1.3: Added a spawn multiplier.
Added support for Omnir's Nostalgia Pack.
Updated support for calamity and shrooms to the latest version.
Various bug fixes for certain mod boss stats.

Update 1.1.2: Added the ability to change global enemy cash drops.
Added support for The Xervos Mod and Shrooms mod.
Updated support for calamity, joost, randomness, and spirit to the latest version.
Please refer to individual posts for more details
-Enemy Projectile Damage seems to not work properly.
-Enemy Damage modifications may or may not affect Enemy projectiles depending on Enemy entity. (GlobalProjectileDamageMultiplier)
see thread for now
-To Compa for the original mod
-To Jopojelly & Mirsario for their help
-To Sumenora for all his testing & feedback.
-To the tmodloader team
-To Re-Logic for Terraria, a great game even without mods !

Last edited:
it is actually an update to this one (made by compa, refer to thanks)
though a lot has been changed (refer to changelog for all details)
major differences :
  • no more specific per mod per boss adjustments (sorry too much work for me alone) (EDIT: though again the code is on github now, so anyone can contribute, all contributors will be properly credited, and if it's a major contrib you'll be added to authors field)
  • multipliers actually work on all entities (no they did not, even with vanilla, all entities with negative ID such as green slimes were escaping it, including some modded bosses such as the grand thunderbird by thorium)
  • scale has been removed (except for bosses) because it can majorly mess up AIs (zombies for example) : the risk is definetely not worth the reward. I still left the ability to change boss scale hoping it wouldn't cause too much issues.
  • some modifiers were added : player health, player mana, player regen.

On the backend, a whole bunch of code got rewritten (at least 50~70%), hence why I thought it warranted its own version. Though if compa ever came back (yes I have tried contacting her) & had issues with that (despite her open source mod) I'd be happy to solve it in private & find an adequate solution without crippling users.

Last edited:
it is actually an update to this one (made by compa, refer to thanks)
though a lot has been changed (refer to changelog for all details)
major differences :
  • no more specific per mod adjustments (sorry too much work for me alone) (EDIT: though again the code is on github now, so anyone can contribute, all contributors will be properly credited, and if it's a major contrib you'll be added to authors field)
  • multipliers actually work on all entities (no they did not, even with vanilla, all entities with negative ID such as green slimes were escaping it, including some modded bosses such as the grand thunderbird by thorium)
  • scale has been removed (except for bosses) because it can majorly mess up AIs (zombies for example) : the risk is definetely not worth the reward. I still left the ability to change boss scale hoping it wouldn't cause too much issues.
  • some modifiers were added : player health, player mana, player regen.

On the backend, a whole bunch of code got rewritten (at least 50~70%), hence why I thought it warranted its own version. Though if compa ever came back (yes I have tried contacting her) & had issues with that (despite her open source mod) I'd be happy to solve it in private & find an adequate solution without crippling users.

i might have to give this a test to see how this works....does this also allow me to modify every boss separately like the other one?

i might have to give this a test to see how this works....does this also allow me to modify every boss separately like the other one?
Unfortunately no it doesn't as I said : too much testing required to ensure everything works fine (because again it didn't work properly for some, such as but not limited to thorium's grand thunderbird)

Also personally I find per mod per boss adjustments : way too complicated to put into place (you need a deep understanding of balance and each mod you're trying to balance against each other). What such a feature would need is one or several people that know what they are doing, actually modify those values with specific clear goals such as : rebalancing other mods VS calamity or stuff like that. (calamity taken as example because it's a popular mod that is known to be balanced only for itself, and even rebalances vanilla toward calamity content AFAIK). And then share their results with others. AFAIK this was never done, nobody uploaded their settings anywhere easily accessible to the general public.

Though again the code is now hosted on github so anyone can contribute.

EDIT: what kind of modification were you interested in, in the first place ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately no it doesn't as I said : too much testing required to ensure everything works fine (because again it didn't work properly for some, such as but not limited to thorium's grand thunderbird)

Also personally I find per mod per boss adjustments : way too complicated to put into place (you need a deep understanding of balance and each mod you're trying to balance against each other). What such a feature would need is one or several people that know what they are doing, actually modify those values with specific clear goals such as : rebalancing other mods VS calamity or stuff like that. (calamity taken as example because it's a popular mod that is known to be balanced only for itself, and even rebalances vanilla toward calamity content AFAIK). And then share their results with others. AFAIK this was never done, nobody uploaded their settings anywhere easily accessible to the general public.

Though again the code is now hosted on github so anyone can contribute.

EDIT: what kind of modification were you interested in, in the first place ?

Well when making modifications like doubling stats or HP values it can Sometimes make bosses unbeatable. If Certain stats are set too high it makes certain enemies Too Strong
this is especially true for Calamity Bosses since there Base HP and Damage Values are Way over the top. Being able to separately change bosses allowed me to adjust them to the high values i made without worrying about being "Dead Locked" in a playthrough

So thats why i see that Feature as Invaluable when it comes to balancing mods to each other.

Last edited:
question : would a mod wide exception possibility work out ? e.g. "apply global modifiers but not on calamity for example ?"

question : would a mod wide exception possibility work out ? e.g. "apply global modifiers but not on calamity for example ?"

hmmmm i don't think that would work out honestly...but if there was a Global Boss Modifier that targets "Bosses" in calamity that would probably work better.

Oh i almost forgot to say this. It does not seem the config effects the Enemy Projectiles no matter how high or low i set them. The Config don't seem to have any effect on them

Oh i almost forgot to say this. It does not seem the config effects the Enemy Projectiles no matter how high or low i set them. The Config don't seem to have any effect on them
ok, I kinda didn't really check out this one, as I was never really sure what was intended to do with it
I'll try to see if I can do something about it. thanks for the report.

EDIT: doesn't enemy damage also affect projectiles ???

ok, I kinda didn't really check out this one, as I was never really sure what was intended to do with it
I'll try to see if I can do something about it. thanks for the report.

EDIT: doesn't enemy damage also affect projectiles ???

No....Projectiles Damage and Enemy Touch Damage Seem to be 2 different things.

alrighty then, I must admit I never tested that out.
Just published 1.0.1 update which fixes something unrelated to the discussion at hand.
namely player life & mana modifiers not affecting items.
[doublepost=1511685529,1511685215][/doublepost]wait wait wait ....
if projectile dmg isn't affected then it's also missing boss versions of the projectile modifiers ..... pulls hair
weird though didn't see this mentioned in the other threads of the previous mods, really need to test this stuff in depth

ok quickly verified, and indeed all the damage modifiers seem to be contact dmg, projectiles are unaffected ugh
that's ... annoying and needs to be fixed

the reason I didn't realize this : projectile damages are never published on terraria wikis, all the damage values shown are contact damage AFAIK
which means any testing needs to be done twice : one to somehow check out normal projectile damage & then modified to see if there's a difference, then you also have to get an NPC who does ranged damage of the appropriate type.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: might get complicated to fix and might take a while.
Looking through bosses code, some derive their projectiles damage from their damage stats.... (which is the contact damage). need more testing.... cries

Last edited:
ok quickly verified, and indeed all the damage modifiers seem to be contact dmg, projectiles are unaffected ugh
that's ... annoying and needs to be fixed

the reason I didn't realize this : projectile damages are never published on terraria wikis, all the damage values shown are contact damage AFAIK
which means any testing needs to be done twice : one to somehow check out normal projectile damage & then modified to see if there's a difference, then you also have to get an NPC who does ranged damage of the appropriate type.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: might get complicated to fix and might take a while.
Looking through bosses code, some derive their projectiles damage from their damage stats.... (which is the contact damage). need more testing.... cries

Oh dont get to stressed out hun..<3 trust me this is one of the bigger issues in the code, Alot of people think that Touch and Projectile are the same thing which is not the case.

You know i just gotten a idea....What about a "GlobalPlayerCriticalRateMultiplier" ? you think that is possible?

Edit : I tested the Mana multiplier using my Setup i have a final amount of 98 mana

98 x 2 = 196 so thats correct.
98 x 3 = 294 instead i get (280)
98 x 4 = 392 instead i get (280)?!?!?!

wait what is this increasing...mana useage in items or Player total mana?

its increasing the mana cost of items it seems...

Edit 2 : Ok this is increasing mana cost of items. oh dear.

Last edited:
it should increase player total mana & not increase player mana usage
those results of yours are kind of weird..... the math are pretty simple it shouldn't behave like this. are you sure there isn't a temporary buff or something like that influencing those ?

about the critical : you mean critical chance or critical damage ?
[doublepost=1511718351,1511718082][/doublepost]just thought of something always use values like : 2.0 or 3.0 or 4.0 or 3.3 .... those are float values, I believe it's important

it should increase player total mana & not increase player mana usage
those results of yours are kind of weird..... the math are pretty simple it shouldn't behave like this. are you sure there isn't a temporary buff or something like that influencing those ?

about the critical : you mean critical chance or critical damage ?

I mean Critical Chance not Critical Damage, And as for the mana this was without any buffs of items influencing mana. I'm running tests as we speak to see

when i say 2x or 3x i'm actually meaning 2.0 and 3.0

Back
Top Bottom