PC Player Paralyzed upon Entering a World and Treasure Magnet Bugs

Yep, it is a very strange bug. Since it blocks only some keyboard inputs, rather than all, I think the bug may be tied to outside programs not giving access to the keys for reasons related to how it is used in the programming. For example, the movement keys or the grapple input could use a different command/syntax than the jump input, and the bug could be specific to this command/syntax. I am not an experienced programmer so sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

By the way, the first bug just happened to me again. Another exception is that the space bar (jump) key works, and it is not specific to a certain playable character.
I've been having the same exact problem as well... So it isn't just me!

I've been having the same exact problem as well... So it isn't just me!
Certainly not. Of all bugs since 1.4 came out, the two most reported ones are World Corruptions, and an inability to move as defined in this, and several other forum posts in the 1.4 Bug Report area.

It may only affect a small population of players, but it takes a larger population of current bug reports. Maybe not a majority of all bug reports, but more than any other single bug (besides world corruptions, often by Steam Cloud, which I believe is the most reported bug so far, with this issue being only second-most).

Okay, the bug happened to me again. I cannot actually swap the controls of the space bar and movement keys, because access to the wasd keys were blocked, therefore, the problem is completely a problem related to access to those keys, not how they are used. In fact, it appears that this only affects letter keys (no numbers, symbols, or space bar). Is there anything else I should look into while this is happening to me?

But it affected EVERY control for me. Feels like this problem is either #1, different for different people, or #2, different every time it occurs.

It has been very consistent in its behavior for me. Remember, I have had this bug since before 1.4. I bet it is a completely different bug.

That's weird. It is fixed now, but I did not restart the game. Is it time based or related to what I do outside of the game?

Of all bugs since 1.4 came out, the two most reported ones are World Corruptions, and an inability to move as defined in this, and several other forum posts in the 1.4 Bug Report area.

It may only affect a small population of players, but it takes a larger population of current bug reports. Maybe not a majority of all bug reports, but more than any other single bug (besides world corruptions, often by Steam Cloud, which I believe is the most reported bug so far, with this issue being only second-most).

Have any of these other bug reports been anything like mine? Or have you heard of any from before 1.4?

Each paralyze bug has a different cause and works to a different extent, but they're basically all the same. They are caused by some 3rd party program. You need to use task manager to end some other potentially conflicting tasks and then relaunch the game.

Back
Top Bottom