Mobile player/world backup problems

I always backup my character through the ingame cloud data (Connected through Google [android])

When I try to get on one of my other phones and I login to my account. I am not able to see nor transfer the data.

Is there a easy fix to this problem or am I doing anything wrong?

I always backup my character through the ingame cloud data (Connected through Google [android])

When I try to get on one of my other phones and I login to my account. I am not able to see nor transfer the data.

Is there a easy fix to this problem or am I doing anything wrong?
The cloud saves in mobile Terraria can be finicky, but here are a few things to try, in no particular order...
  • Make sure that you are logged in to the same cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck. Since you’re able to get your cloud characters you’re probably already logged in to the correct cloud id though.
  • Log out of google drive, then log back in.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    2. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
    3. And then Manage Versions.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    6. If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.

I recently did all three things, and none of them worked. I am no able to get my characters on another device, nor am I able to back them up. which means when or if i get a new phone, I will have to start all over again (i have had to restart 10 times because of this).

I have my characters on my Samsung J3 and that is the phone that was used to put them into the cloud. When I go over to my other phone it does not show up in the cloud.

When I go into google drive on my phone and on my computer they are there. Why does the game not realize that there is character and world data in the cloud, and why does it not show it in the game. If there is anything else that I could maybe try to troubleshoot this issue. Please let me know. Also cloud it be an issue with google drive?

Back
Top Bottom