Playing Hardcore characters in Multiplayer and retrieving items lost

Is dying on HC chars in multiplayer and retrieving items through other players good?

• You're stupid to think you're still Hardcore...

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Using a loophole to "play safe".

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Seems legit.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Hardcore character killed. Nothing wrong with equipping a new with old items.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ranadiel

Terrarian
The topic just occured to me and was wondering about it for some time.

What would you call a character that gets killed (being Hardcore so deleted), but his/hers items could have been picked up by another player to give them back to the new player?

Been playing with my gf recently and was thinking if it was a REAL HARDCORE or just pretend as some of the items we could have picked back up and give each other.

On the topic also - Would this mean that Hardcore characters are only good for Single Player? It would be a small nuisance to retrieve the items for the new character, a bigger problem in Hardcore worlds though. What everyone thinks?

You still need to restock on Life Crystals , so it's not entirely free. I feel it kind of defeats the purpose though, if you want to do that then play on Medium.

If you think you're going to get attached to anything about your character, you probably shouldn't play on Hardcore. Save it for when you have a good item hoard going and you won't miss that Terra Blade or whatever.

However, how you want to play is up to you. My pessimism shouldn't ruin your fun! The infinite nature of items in this game means it doesn't really matter.

Well it's hard for me to judge it properly really. I love a good challenge, at the same time it's a bit over the top way to play safe. Yet HC chars aren't meant to be played safe.

On the other hand, another player could profit from ones death. Should that be illegal then?

Just gathering opinions and thoughts on the subject though :)

If you play on an MP server, with like friends, playing HC then if you drop items and you're "out" then it's not 'illegal' to pick up their items. It's meant to be that way. Not so you can kill your teammate and then just take their items, but so they can use them if you die.

Back
Top Bottom