Playing Terraria on a new pc, get stuck on Found Server trying to host

nadinastarr

Terrarian
Hey All,
I sent in a help ticket for this, but I am having a major issue. I was playing Terraria on another laptop and I moved the files via my external harddrive. I've done this before without a problem. I just got a brand new Asus gaming laptop and for the life of me, I cannot host and play like I used to on the other one.
I have tried, turning off the firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling both Steam and the game, using the verify files, checking the ports, even went so far as to create a new character and world, and that did not work. SO there is either something wrong with the game, or I have to do something about my secured internet. I also tried using the method of creating a server via the files in the Terraria folder and that did not work either.
Does anyone out there have any ideas on what to do to fix this?

You can try to go into Resource Monitor and see if any applications are using port 7777. And if so you should go into task manager and close the application then it will allow you host.

You should also check to make sure no apps or applications are using port 7777(Because that is the port Terraria uses when hosting)

Ok I figured out how to look that up and the port it is using is not 7777 it's using random ones instead. I don't know how to change that so it just goes to whatever is avalible. I didn't have this problem on the other computer. It always worked no matter what.

It's possible your router isn't configured correctly. It may be still configured for your old pc. Did you set up port forwarding on it?

Just curious, how does turning off map help? Even if I do that and log back in, it reloads it.
Yes, it launches fine for me. I could play single player just fine, but it was multiplayer I had issues with.
No I did not. As I said prior, not tech savvy so I don't know how to do port forwarding.
AND I just checked it a few minutes ago, and it FINALLY worked. I don't know why it was being difficult prior.

Just curious, how does turning off map help? Even if I do that and log back in, it reloads it.
Yes, it launches fine for me. I could play single player just fine, but it was multiplayer I had issues with.
No I did not. As I said prior, not tech savvy so I don't know how to do port forwarding.
AND I just checked it a few minutes ago, and it FINALLY worked. I don't know why it was being difficult prior.
it works fro console just ask s0meone

Okay. I asked because it seemed like the default port (7777) was blocked/in use by something else. Terraria will use random ports then. If you haven't done port forwarding manually but it worked before, then your router likely have the UPnP service enabled. Aware clients (such as Steam and TerrariaServer) can use that service to set up port forwarding automatically. It's temporary though and usually expires within an hour unless clients refresh their lease within that timeframe.

Does anyone want to play smash bros on my terraria world
I know you mean well, but please don't hijack someone else's thread with unrelated subjects. There's a hookup section on the forum for that.

it works fro console just ask s0meone
The pc version doesn't have this issue. Only console do currently (and I think only in certain conditions). Hopefully this issue will be resolved when 1.4 comes out on console.

Back
Top Bottom