Pleasantly-surprising Journey's End items/enemies/etc

Nicol Bolas

Terrarian
Everyone talks about the big, significant features of Journey's End. But we don't hear about the smaller ones, things that are unexpected but enjoyable. So let's have a place to talk about them.

Here are my interesting discoveries thus far:

Inner Tubes: It doesn't sound like much; you just get to float on water. But you also get to sink at will, so you haven't really lost anything. And you can even run on the bottom of the water, which can lead to you launching high into the air if you do things right. It changes how you interact with water a lot, and it can be found fairly early-game.

I will be genuinely disappointed when I have to give up that accessory slot for something else. It hasn't happened yet, but it will.

What surprised me the most was that you can kind of fly with it. If you Journey-mode duplicate a bunch of buckets of water, you can constantly pour water over yourself to fly upwards. And its fairly safe, since if you fall, you can guide yourself back into the stream of water.

Bloody Tears: We can summon Blood Moons on command; it's about time. Now we just need a similar item for rain (so that I can harvest Waterleaf anytime I want).

Liquid Bombs/Rockets: Finally, we can just create/remove liquids without having to build complex some apparatus (which admittedly mostly don't work anymore) or spend a bunch of time with a bucket and a "U". Yes, it requires money (and for rockets hardmode), but overall, it's so much more convenient than anything else.

I don't know whether it's a thing or not in 1.3 because I don't build/focus on wiring that much, but the Grand Design's drag-and-drop system to place wire is such a massive godsend.

The two conch that allows you to teleport to hell/ocean instantly is also a neat thing, especially on large worlds. Usually it's also quick access to dungeon/jungle.

The black spot was an item I used the most. It was good up until the moon lord then replaced by the celestial starboard. This mount was by far my favorite addition to the game when the update launched. It was a god sent mount for most of the boss fights we attempted to do.

Some people are mad at the addition of the Soaring Insignia, but I honestly think it's a nice addition. First thing is, there's already a infinite flight mount before Plantera, which is the Shrimpy Truffle, plus the accessory isn't a material. It also takes up a slot, even if you play in Master mode. Sure, it might be broken in mods that introduce post-Moon Lord content (not giving any names cough cough), but I think it's still a worthwhile accessory, especially when paired with the Celestial Starboard. I don't think it needs changing, and I think it deserves some more love and credit.

Back
Top Bottom