Mobile Please help my stuff keeps turning into truffle worms

coolquack

Terrarian
Please help me. I was building a trap and my picksaw just turned into a truffle worm. I don’t know why. I fought golem a few times and got another one, and it just turned into a truffle worm again. Please help me!

Please help me. I was building a trap and my picksaw just turned into a truffle worm. I don’t know why. I fought golem a few times and got another one, and it just turned into a truffle worm again. Please help me!
It sounds like you've accidentally activated the critter glitch which happens when you swap bait/critters with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save. Then when you use the item in mid-air, it spawns the bait/critter, or in some cases it can consume your weapon/tool.

This is a generic reproduction, it can also happen with other bait/fishing poles/tools/weapons/critters:
  • In your inventory, swap your bait with your pickaxe
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (doesn't matter what world you go into). You'll notice that your pickaxe now displays a "bait power"
  • In your inventory, swap the bait and pickaxe back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the same character (world doesn't matter)
  • At this point with some tools or weapons, if you try to use it (swing it) the tool/weapon will be consumed, disappear, and the bait will fall on the ground. Not all combinations consume the tools/weapon.

How to get the "bait power" or "fishing power" OFF of an item that shouldn't have it:
  • Move the item to an empty space in your inventory
  • Save and exit
  • When you open that character again, it should be fine.
  • If it’s not, then put the item in a chest, close the chest, then open it and get your item again.

A fun one to try:
  • In your inventory, swap a critter with a stack of blocks
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Swap the critter and blocks back
  • Save and exit
  • Open the character
  • Try to use the blocks in the air and you'll get critters falling
  • Click to enlarge

To avoid these glitches, don't swap anything with bait, fishing poles, or critters. Move your weapons and tools to empty spots in your inventory.

Back
Top Bottom