PC Please help!

bobby123756

Terrarian
So I have been playing terraria for years on PC, I had it on my windows 7 computer that I just replaced for a windows 10 computer and now terraria is not working. I have been doing research for days to no avail and read tons and tons of posts on terraria issues on windows 10 but none of fixed the problem. Tried all the normal stuff, reinstalling the XNA framework and .NET as well as many many other things. After a bunch of digging and manually replacing .dll files I have run into a dead end, the current error now says:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteEffects' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'.
at Terraria.Main..ctor()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

This error message started happening after manually replacing the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll file, I replaced the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll file because before i had replaced it, it said it couldn't load the file at all, not it can't load this part of the file, if anyone has a solution besides "Try reinstalling XNA and .NET" then please let me know!!

Picture of the error message:

Back
Top Bottom