Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Even though I launch every Steam game from the client Terraria sometimes says this and never opens untill I reboot the PC. Is there any way I can fix this?

Welcome to the forums ThatKidBobo!
This is a known issue and one that is being looked at with priority. Unfortunately there is no known fix/workaround at the time of writing. It's good to hear that restarting the PC fixes it.

It sounds like this has been happening more than once? Is there a way you know of to reliably reproduce the issue? That could help the developers with fixing it.

I realized that it has nothing to do with the internet connection, but I think Steam's laucher might be causing it. But I am not sure. I can't recreate it because it happens randomly.

Recently, Steam server seems to have been having some connection issues. Just spitballing, but could it be connected with that?

I typically find that this issue is fixed by closing Steam and relaunching Steam and Terraria.

I do also have other games that run into this problem.

Well I have the Steam version of Terraria for something like 4 years now. And it started to happen in the 2nd or 3rd year, so I think it has nothing to do with Steams connection issues. Like I said at the top I almost tried everything I can to fix this and the only solution is to reboot the computer. This started to be really annoying because sometimes it only gets fixed if I reboot the pc 5 or 6 times.

Back
Top Bottom