NPCs & Enemies Please nerf Expert Mode Skeletron, or make it worth fighting.

Gigadweeb

Skeletron Prime
At the moment, the amount of preparation you need for Skeletron compared to what you access after defeating it isn't worth it at all.

In exchange for fighting an unholy spinning skeleton wheel of death (looks like Red took some inspiration from FROM SOFTWARE) that shoots homing skills, you get:

• the most useless Expert Mode item that boosts the power of bones and remains relevant for 5 minutes! Wow, definitely worth it!
  • access to weapons/accessories that can be outclassed easily by defeating the Wall of Flesh, which is easier than Expert Skeletron by multiples of times, with the exception of the Shadow Key, which gives you access to some pretty gimmicky items (apart from the Sunfury), the Muramasa, needed for Night's Edge, and the Cobal;t Shield, which more of less only really needed for tank builds
Plain and simple, it isn't worth it in Easy Mode. A way to nerf it would be to make it so it isn't so goddamned fast while spinning, or perhaps decrease the tracking of the skulls by a tiny bit.

Alternatively, we could get a better item along with the Bone Glove. Maybe a staff that summons a Dark Caster/Tim as a mid-earlygame Frost Hydra? Would be a nice item for summoners.

Expert mode exists as a challenge. If there's no reason to enter the expert mode dungeon, don't. You're clearly not missing anything.
"Fortune & Glory, Kid."

It's not just about challenges, it's also giving better incentives to encourage playing on Expert. Not to mention the Dungeon, while technically optional (at least for easymode), it's basically intended as part of the natural progression.

About 4 of the expert mode items are worth having, one of which doesn't work outside of expert mode. The rest of it is a merciless :red:-beating with no reward.

About 4 of the expert mode items are worth having, one of which doesn't work outside of expert mode. The rest of it is a merciless :red:-beating with no reward.
Then perhaps this is a symptom of the problem. If Expert Mode is also supposed to be for greater loot as well as a greater challenge, perhaps we could start reworking items to make them worth it?

eg. Gravity Globe can instead flip enemies instead of you, and slam them into the ground for massive damage. Or, it can be placed and used as a 20-30min Gravitational Potion, with no downsides. Or it can be obtained pre-Moon Lord and be replaced with something else, who knows.

Expert Mode's "rewards" are just to cater to those who need to have a reason to do something challenging, other than the challenge itself.

You don't Wanna Be That Guy.

Also, plot twist: There is no need at all to visit the dungeon, unless you want a few NPCs you'll use once or twice.

Expert Mode's "rewards" are just to cater to those who need to have a reason to do something challenging, other than the challenge itself.

You don't Wanna Be That Guy.

Also, plot twist: There is no need at all to visit the dungeon, unless you want a few NPCs you'll use once or twice.
That 'plot twist' is my point - the fact that the dungeon is supposed to be part of early mode's progression and then is easily outclassed by a trip to the ocean and/or Underworld is fairly annoying, especially in Expert Mode.

There is no "fixed progression" in Terraria, except for a few choke points like the Wall of Flesh.

Fixed progression is, to this game, as much of an illusion and a personal choice as 'classes.' Complaining about personal choices instead of choosing a different path is... Amusing.

For example, I had little problem with Skeletron - then again, I fought him with full Molten gear, and just fought it to see if it was a challenge.

Skeletron being OP in expert mode? Ok no. Skeletron is by far one of the easiest things i had to deal with in expert mode no joke. You just need to get his hands down to the same health than kill them both, than all you need to do is rocket boot over his head and basicly spin around him when hes doing the skulls. You'll never get hit. Not to say by that time you'll probably have crimson/shadow armor along with ironskin and endurance potions which makes the damage basicly NULL but ok.

I still dont see why everyone has problems with skeletron you litteraly just need to spin around him and dash when you're above or below him.

I agree that the bone glove is useless and could probs use a rework (along with the gravity globe), but don't think Skeletron should be nerfed on expert. He's SUPPOSED to be a challenge, that's the point of expert mode, and with the right prep he isn't really that bad imo

I think the bone glove is fine as it is, maybe a little buff, but it worked perfectly since I went for fossil gear when I fought him.

Back
Top Bottom