Console Please put the hotkeys back in

PopShotTiger

Terrarian
I can see the reasons why they tried to make terraria on consoles on par with PC but the thing is and noticed this I believe the second update on consoles was making the controls
on consoles act like the controls with PC. I understand maybe some people want to do more with their controller and that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But to many others they like the simple controls that were specifically made for the consoles. This one addition being the hotkeys on the Dpad. This is so helpful when fighting wave events or certain bosses. Maybe the redid this feature out of being "too much micro manage" but honestly don't fix what isn't broken. Seeing they did more with "button mapping the LB/RB" same goes for PS4/5 but that only was just confusing my fingers on what to do. Felt like I was typing on my controller. I would like this feature put back in because its just a simple feature that shouldn't have been messed with. Please dont make the consoles play likes its a PC. Give us options, yes but dont change the controller mechanics.

Agreed!! I can no longer play Terraria due to issues with the d-pad hotbar not properly working. I have loved Terraria for years, since xbox 360 🥺 please fix this one tiny mishap from last major update... I really miss this game 😭🙏

In the Oct 19 patch, this was added. :)

• D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)

With this evolved version of these long-standing features, you can now do things that you could not do previously:
- Dpad Hotbar can now be mapped to 0-4 buttons. Previously, this was an all-or-nothing feature.
- Dpad Snap can now be mapped separately (LB+Dpad) in the video - so that players can now use Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap at the same time.

By Default in Classic controls, Dpad Snap is on and no Dpad Hotbar buttons are mapped, we leave this up to you, the player.

Back
Top Bottom