Please support 2560x1440 screen resolution.

The game is not like others. Increasing the size increases the playing field and not just making everything larger for your screen. Play on 1920x1080.

Also there are programs, that work, that can let you play the game beyond the maximum resolution supported. Like said before it may cause spawning issues with love but other than that it should work fine as long as your PC can handle it.

If you want monsters spawn on-screen try to most left or most right sides of map.
If you just wanna see more things on-screen don't forget to you will be smaller and smaller while the crowd in the screen was increasing :)
So, I think we don't need higher resolutions than 1080p, but in the future there can be support for even more resolutions such as 2160p(4K) or higher.

fullscreen 1920x1080 on a QHD monitor is... not something you'd want to do all the time. I have to play windowed if I don't want things to look jagged and muddy. The upside is the game looks absolutely fantastic in that window....

If I wanted to play 1920x1080 I would have kept my old monitor. Obviously, the answer is "no, it is not cool". I don't live in 2012 anymore technology wise, but thank you for your input.

@Myth what program would you recommend for something like that? I'd like to at least try it.

For example?

2560 x 1440 is huge, and may very well cause spawning issues.

Well Let me give u something that I want to be supported 34" 3440x1440 resolution,
of course we could play with 1920x1080 or 1200 but then it leaves with huge space of black screen.. It would be nice to see having terraria on 34" you could see so much awesomeness!
Thank you!

A larger resolution messes with the mobs spawning system as they spawn off screen and having such a large spectating area means you easily identify f a mob is coming or you start seeing them spawn on screen.

So 1.4 is here and it's a final(?) update. Assume that higher resolution won't be there, pity.
What are you talking about? 4K support was added in 1.3.5 and I personally ran it in 2560x1440. (There's a bug in 1.4/Mac that prevents it from going above 1920x1080, but that has already been confirmed as a bug.)

What are you talking about? 4K support was added in 1.3.5 and I personally ran it in 2560x1440. (There's a bug in 1.4/Mac that prevents it from going above 1920x1080, but that has already been confirmed as a bug.)
I'm on linux and it's giving me only 1920x1200 max, but mine is 2560x1440.

Back
Top Bottom