Biomes & Nature Please tone down thunderstorm lightning effects, especially while sleeping.

Terra B Welch

Empress of Light
The flash effects of the lightning can be a problem for those who suffer from epilepsy, any chance of toning down the lightning effects? Especially in singleplayer when sleeping in a bed, as the sped up time makes the flashes happen more frequently.

EDIT: Only noticed the storm setting. I'll still leave this here for the possibility of an in between option for it.
EDIT2: Actually noticed that setting did nothing whatsoever, flashes still occur, twice the reason for this suggestion.

Yeah, there definitely has to be a setting to tone this down. I don't even have epilepsy, but I get headaches after just a couple minutes when a thunderstorm rolls around.
(This and the freaking title screen-)

Edit: As it turns out, there is an experimental option to turn the lightning off in the config.json file. However, you shouldn't have to wade through the game files to change such an important setting. They should have worked on and officially added this setting alongside the lightning, not after the fact.

Last edited:
I don't particularly understand why people feel so bothered by the lightning in the game, if you feel bothered it must be because you are playing in a dark room while the storm is occurring in the game, because if you are playing and there is some light in your room you shouldn't feel any bother with that.

I don't particularly understand why people feel so bothered by the lightning in the game, if you feel bothered it must be because you are playing in a dark room while the storm is occurring in the game, because if you are playing and there is some light in your room you shouldn't feel any bother with that.
I think it's for the people with epilepsy, they can handle flashing lichts much less and is, in some cases, even pyshical harmful to them.

Not everyone has epilepsy, and some are more resistant to flashing lights than others. But it's an important issue regardless.

When using the Retro lighting, the flash effects are even more flickering than before.

I think it's for the people with epilepsy, they can handle flashing lichts much less and is, in some cases, even pyshical harmful to them.

Not everyone has epilepsy, and some are more resistant to flashing lights than others. But it's an important issue regardless.

When using the Retro lighting, the flash effects are even more flickering than before.

Ok, but I think that even if you are epileptic it doesn’t bring any problem if, and only if you’re not in a dark room. Any light helps to keep the screen light from being accentuated. But well, I don't know if you all understand me. Luck for you with your order, but I think the Devs haven't been hearing any more suggestions for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom