Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
It's difficult to say how exactly that would go. I'm sure many of us are familiar with how the console Pokemon games have been.Stadium, Colosseum, XD, Revolution. They're never like the handheld ones. I would love the entire thing to be translated to a console, and with how Gen VI and VII went it might be possible. Will it actually happen, though? Doubtful.

A fan-created game called Pokémon Uranium released recently. Did you get a chance to look at it? Were you impressed by?

Junichi Masuda: Probably because I'm active on Twitter, a lot of people send me information and stuff like that. I've definitely seen the name; I haven't actually looked into the project though. The people who created that though, if they have the skill and ability and stamina to create something like that, they should definitely get a job at a developer somewhere!

This was posted yesterday.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...for-pokemon-sun-and-moon.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

They actually did confirm they'd be making Pokemon games on the Switch apparently. There wasn't more elaboration than that, though. It was an interview back in September.

Except Colosseum and XD were just like another regular game? The battling and mechanics were all nearly identical to G3. They're still the best Pokémon games, with HG/SS right behind them.
I don't remember catching Pokemon from tall grass in either of them. I also don't remember Shadow Pokemon being in any of the normal games, on the opposite side. Were there gyms? Were there Elite Four? My memory on both is terrible.

I don't remember catching Pokemon from tall grass in either of them. I also don't remember Shadow Pokemon being in any of the normal games, on the opposite side.

I actually hate tall grass, tbh.

My idea of the "perfect" Pokémon game would be the simplicity and catching style of Pokémon Go, a beautiful and explorable overworld with great music like in XD Gale of Darkness, interaction with the environment like in XY (sitting, swinging on vines, climbing rocks), riding Pokémon with no HMs (like in Sun/Moon), and more realistically-scaled objects when you're "outside."

Things that would make it more fun (rather than necessarially a good game) would be a better balance of fully-evolved non-legendary Pokémon, balancing of the types (ground typing's offense and electric's defense are too good compared to others for instance), making legendaries feel significant rather than a wall that needs to be caught (this felt better in XD Gale of Darkness, for instance), make the trainers harder and late-game leveling less grindy. Make getting shinys way easier (hatching 2,000 eggs isn't very fun).

I actually hate tall grass, tbh.

My idea of the "perfect" Pokémon game would be the simplicity and catching style of Pokémon Go, a beautiful and explorable overworld with great music like in XD Gale of Darkness, interaction with the environment like in XY (sitting, swinging on vines, climbing rocks), riding Pokémon with no HMs (like in Sun/Moon), and more realistically-scaled objects when you're "outside."

Things that would make it more fun (rather than necessarially a good game) would be a better balance of fully-evolved non-legendary Pokémon, balancing of the types (ground typing's offense and electric's defense are too good compared to others for instance), making legendaries feel significant rather than a wall that needs to be caught (this felt better in XD Gale of Darkness, for instance), make the trainers harder and late-game leveling less grindy. Make getting shinys way easier (hatching 2,000 eggs isn't very fun).
That doesn't really answer any of my questions about how much like the handheld games they were. Or... well, anything, actually.

My perfect Pokemon game would be to keep Go far away from it. They've done a pretty good job.

Anyway, my actual wishes for a console release would be to have it as close to the real games as possible. I may not even have to wish for it on console, as Sun & Moon themselves seem like just about everything I wanted.

Ah, malicious quoting.

But joking aside, I don't like how it went at all. Not even just how the game itself works (Of which I dislike every aspect), but how the company behind it handles it.
It's even worse how they're making a PAID version of it. Not sure if GO Plus released already.

You say malicious, but I agree with you wholeheartedly. As bad as the catching is in that game, the other parts are even worse.
I know you agree with it (well now I do), but I still technically put words in your mouth... By taking some out, actually.

It's even worse how they're making a PAID version of it. Not sure if GO Plus released already.

...They're what. Pokemon Go Plus? Isn't that some wrist thing?

Look, I'll be honest. Go is not what I want out of Pokemon at all. I don't need VR to immerse myself. My overactive imagination does that. Also there is an impossible to mistake comfort in handheld gaming. Pokemon adventuring in their own world is cozy.

Speaking of worlds, the US should have Unova's pokemon by the logic of them, as Unova is based on southern New York and Northern New Jersey (but especially New York City's metropolitan area) , (and though I live in Indiana, not in any of those places) with heaps of our culture in all things down to the pokemon (Braviary and Hydreigon are good examples) and I would, by that logic, rather be closer to their version of my country, because immersion might as well be full.

Last edited:
But joking aside, I don't like how it went at all. Not even just how the game itself works (Of which I dislike every aspect), but how the company behind it handles it.
I agree with all of this, but I still like the "anime" style of just throwing Pokéballs until you catch your buddy. It helps it keep the battle mechanics fresh for real battles imo, instead of tiring it out needlessly. In the current iteration, you enter battle, try super hard not to kill the enemy by trying to get as close to 1HP as possible, THEN "play Pokémon Go" and throw endless balls at it until you hear a *ding ding ding click!* noise.

Make catching and battling separate things, essentially, is what I would like.

I agree with all of this, but I still like the "anime" style of just throwing Pokéballs until you catch your buddy. It helps it keep the battle mechanics fresh for real battles imo, instead of tiring it out needlessly by trying to get as close to 1HP as possible THEN playing Pokémon Go.

Make catching and battling separate things, essentially, is what I would like.

Maybe that could be nice. However, far from anime style, I've noticed recently I much prefer say, the idea of tossing them like grenades. (And apparently the original Anime has a bunch of unimplemented backstory from a main writer of it about why Ash throws them like baseballs. But that's connected to something beyond the scope of this sub-discussion.)

EDIT: And other than that, I like the art of weakening them before a catch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom