Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Those balls existed in X/Y/ΩR/αS, you can transfer Pokémon up from HG/SS and breed to have those balls.

Though, it has been highly speculated that there will be a mechanic to change the ball your Pokémon resides in with this generation, so I wouldn't count it out that you can use them. Fast Balls, Luxury Balls, and Love Balls are my favorite types, so it would be nice to have better access to the other two.

[/SPOILER

Those balls existed in X/Y/ΩR/αS, you can transfer Pokémon up from HG/SS and breed to have those balls.

Though, it has been highly speculated that there will be a mechanic to change the ball your Pokémon resides in with this generation, so I wouldn't count it out that you can use them. Fast Balls, Luxury Balls, and Love Balls are my favorite types, so it would be nice to have better access to the other two.

[/SPOILER
Quick Balls always get the work done for me. Those, Timer Balls, and (oddly) Poké Balls

Quick Balls always get the work done for me. Those, Timer Balls, and (oddly) Poké Balls
I care more about looking fancy than ease of capture for any Pokémon I actually intend on using. I play HG/SS a ton and farm up apricorn balls for the most dapper looking entrance into battle possible for my Pokémon. I even enjoyed having the custom release-from-ball particles. I RNG'd a shiny Latias once after farming several hundred Fast Balls just to get it right.

I care more about looking fancy than ease of capture for any Pokémon I actually intend on using. I play HG/SS a ton and farm up apricorn balls for the most dapper looking entrance into battle possible for my Pokémon. I even enjoyed having the custom release-from-ball particles. I RNG'd a shiny Latias once after farming several hundred Fast Balls just to get it right.
And as I felt somewhat lucky after getting a shiny Boldore...

I'm jealous now.

I did say 'might have.' I don't fully buy it either, but hey, it could be a lead. I'm hungry for anything by now, except for the things that are obviously fake from even a glance.

If it is real, really helps with the planning though.

This legitimately happened to me in-game:
image.jpeg

Why is there a PRESENT in the Passersby???

Now that I actually know their types, I want all of the starters. In fact that and their names are really the only thing that was in the dark this whole time.

Lemme just say, I didn't expect Rowlet's line to shift types like that. That caught me off guard. ._.

Nonetheless, that makes me even more excited to use it.

Litten's final evo is growing on me more now that I see it in action. I love the expressions it makes, haha.

Primarina's looking great too. Can't really say I expected much else from the leaked concept art, haha. Overall, the starter's signature moves look cool and nifty as well!

The new Tapu's got some nice designs too. Tapu Fini's probably my favorite among them. Their Z-Move is brutal, ahaha.

Little space poof is adorable. I'm warming up slowly to Alolan Persian... very slowly. Wasn't too big a fan of it when they revealed the image a few days ago.

And finally, return of the greats! Cynthia! Wally! Red! Blue! Oh my! The remix for Blue's theme got me pumped too! Only a few more weeks remaining! Ahahahahaha!

Alolan Persian haas both Fur Coat and Technician. Its appearance is... but it might be useful in some other way, if its got the stats to use them. No idea if Alolan forms have their stats shifted.

Grass/Ghost is I suppose exactly to my liking. I was worried it wasn't Flying and doesn't have Levitate, but as it turns out Grass resists Ground and not the other way around (I always forget their relationship. Plants dig into the ground with their roots, but if they get removed from soil... oh well.)

Fire/Dark is what I and a lot of others were figuring based on it being a Heel wrestler (its even the Heel Pokemon in the dex on the website) and Fire/Fighting was a fear.

Water/Fairy was pretty much figured out from the moment we learned Popplio got Disarming Voice.

I was always gonna prefer Rowlet, but... I mean, the starters final forms were leaked many months ago, and I've had so long to get used to them that now that we know everything (Their typing, their names, their signatures) I can say there's no dislike for any of them.

Rowlett's final evo strikes me as very odd. It is usual for pokemon to get an additional type when evolving, but it is rare to see their secondary type change. Not that I am complaining though. Also I hope it's signature move only keeps it's effect until it switches out ala Mean Look or it could become one of the most broken moves in the game.

Litten's final evolution looks better now that I've seen it animated. Fire/Dark is a decent offensive type, but it has multiple holes in it's coverage which limit how powerful it is. It's signature move is very much the same as Chip Away and Sacred Sword, but it's the Dark type.

Popplio's final evolution has a very powerful defensive typing. Water/Fairy lets it resist so many key offensive types it is not funny while it's only weaknesses are uncommon offensive types. That said, I can't see it being particularly bulky so idk how effective it will be in the metagame; especially when it faces direct competition from Azumarill as a bulky water type. It's signature move removes burns, so it looks like it is going to become a Water-typed version of SmellingSalts or Wake Up Slap: Deals a lot of damage if the target has a particular condition, but it also removes it in the process.

With Alolan Persian. It looks like my prediction on Gamefreak handing out OP abilities like candy is becoming more validated. Does Gamefreak not understand how overpowered Fur Coat is? Even though Technician is very powerful, Fur Coat will always be the superior ability regardless of loadout unless Persian has awful Defense.

The Guardian pokemon I really didn't want spoiled. I thought it would be fun to discover what the rest of them are in the game instead of having a trailer show them all to me at once.

I don't mind the previous famous trainers appearing in what looks like the new Battle Tower. I rarely bother with that facility myself though.

I think I need to stay away from any more Sun and Moon trailers. They are beginning to reveal a bit too much for my tastes now.

Welp, since I guess we're not spoilering video content, Incineroar is the only new Pokémon that I think it horrendously ugly out of the whole dex (maybe Bruxish too, but the shiny ended up being cool, like I predicted).

I think the UB's are pretty ugly too, especially the unrevealed ones, if they do turn out to be Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom