Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Another question I'd like to propose... What is your favourite HA Pokemon?
Blaziken, because it's the only HA Pokemon I've ever used. Was one of my sweepers in Blaze Black 2. Protect, speed up, Swords Dance if it's safe, speed up, and then Flare Blitz/Hi-Jump Kick my way to victory.

Blaziken, because it's the only HA Pokemon I've ever used. Was one of my sweepers in Blaze Black 2. Protect, speed up, Swords Dance if it's safe, speed up, and then Flare Blitz/Hi-Jump Kick my way to victory.
Mmm.... Blaziken sweeping.

Mmm.... Blaziken sweeping.
Blaziken sweeping was a ton of fun, although a lot more dangerous than simply pulling out Life Orb Garchomp after Sand Stream Tyranitar.
That reminds me. Why is it called Low Sweep when it's a kick in the shin, and Low Kick when it's sweeping the legs out from under?
Well, Low Kick's name in Japanese is Ketaguri, which can be translated as Kick Down. So you could interpret that as a sweep. Then Gen 5 came around and it introduced Low Sweep, which is literally named Low Kick in Japanese. So they kinda had nowhere to go with that and had to pull out something that could imply kicks.

I've only played Black and HeartGold. Black was my first Pokemon game, and I gave my copy of HeartGold to a friend.

I'm also the worst at composing movesets.

Well, Low Kick's name in Japanese is Ketaguri, which can be translated as Kick Down. So you could interpret that as a sweep. Then Gen 5 came around and it introduced Low Sweep, which is literally named Low Kick in Japanese. So they kinda had nowhere to go with that and had to pull out something that could imply kicks.

This reminds me-- the reason Iron Fist doesn't boost the power of Sucker Punch is that Sucker Punch was named Surprise Attack in Japanese.

Last edited:
I'm the self proclaimed moveset king, but others might think not. I think my overuse of satire is creating an illusion.

My favorite hidden ability Pokemon...

Well, the two that come to mind off the top of my head are Gale Wings Talonflame and Imposter Ditto, but Unburden Slurpuff is pretty cool too.

I'M LATE TO THE POKEMON THREAD
DESTROY THE WORLD DESTROY IT AALLL!

So what about Showdown teams? I'm currently trying to make one that works, but my current one includes Blaziken, Mewtwo, Aegislash, Xerneas, Ditto, and Chansey.

That is in the Ubers tier (Meotwo, Aegislash.) IE: Banned. Most people play in OU, which stands for Overused, and is basically the "these pokemon are fantastic but not enough to get banned to the Ubers tier".

As for me, my X and Y team is the same as my main Showdown team: Goodra, Ninjask, Shiny Aegislash (RIP Team, Aegis didn't deserve the ban.), Flygon, Starmie, and Delphox.

I like all Pokemon generations except 1 :)red:ing buggy, unbalanced mess that it is, I'm surprised every time someone tells me they like it.), really, but I have a lot of trouble going back to Gen 3 and lower's mechanics after the Physical/Special split of Gen 4.

Also..

• X & Y - Pokemon AMIE!!!!

I would agree that it's the best thing ever, if most Pokemon didn't, weirdly enough, enjoy being touched in the crotch region.

Now that I'm caught up to the thread..
My favorite Hidden Ability Pokemon would have to be imposter ditto mostly for the same kind of hijinks as Zoroark. Hilarity can and probably will ensue if unexpected.

Last edited:
Aegislash deserved the ban more than half of the Pokemon in ubers.

The whole Steel typing should probably just be moved to ubers, unless they have awful stats.

My favorite hidden ability Pokemon...

Well, the two that come to mind off the top of my head are Gale Wings Talonflame and Imposter Ditto, but Unburden Slurpuff is pretty cool too.
The idea of Gale Wings Talonflame terrifies me. Kinda like it only exists to bring me misery (like Toxic Orb Swellow.). Mainly because I like a fair bit of fighting types. So priority on all flying moves, that's kinda a WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS thing for me.

but I have a lot of trouble going back to Gen 3 and lower's mechanics after the Physical/Special split of Gen 4.
As a guy who likes to play Pokemon hacks, I kinda have no problem going back and forth, aha. The split did kinda make some stuff not viable anymore, like Elemental Punch Alakazam(probably for the greater good though). But it did do more good overall than bad.

About Pokémon Amie... Slugma. That is all.
But seriously, are you supposed to, like, pet its eyes, or what's going on here?

My first pokemon game (and my favorite) is platinum. My favorite would probably be X or Y, but I haven't bought either of them. The reason I refuse to get them is because I am waiting for the 5th game in generation VI, pokemon Z. For some reason though, many people at my school don't believe that game freak will make a third game for the Kalos region. I wanted to know what the people at the TCF thought

Do You Think GameFreak Will Make A Pokemon Z?

Last edited:
Aegislash deserved the ban more than half of the Pokemon in ubers.

The whole Steel typing should probably just be moved to ubers, unless they have awful stats.
All of Steel's weaknesses are really strong and really common on most competetive teams though.

And then Steel generally has a lack of offensive presence.

My first pokemon game (and my favorite) is platinum. My favorite would probably be X or Y, but I haven't bought either of them. The reason I refuse to get them is because I am waiting for the 5th game in generation VI, pokemon Z. For some reason though, many people at my school don't believe that game freak will make a third game for the Kalos region. I wanted to know what the people at the TCF thought

Say what you will, but I don't think GameFreak has any plans to make Pokemon Z. If anything, I'm expecting an X2 and Y2, like they did with Black and White.

There's not really any predicting it. Game Freak hasn't been super consistent in this stuff. FireRed and LeafGreen came before Emerald, but in Gen 4's case, HGSS came after Platinum. And I'd not exclude the idea of them just leaving out a third version or doing something different entirely. After all, Gen 5 excluded the remake and had two direct sequel games anyway.

Either way, if it happens, it happens. I'd still get the first version, though, so you're not missing out and if a third game does have new features, you can appreciate them more.

Back
Top Bottom