Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
From what other people have said, the models are no different in LG: P/E compared to the 3DS; that they're the same high-res models, just scaled down for the 3DS, implying that they already exist. Granted, one of GAME FREAK did indicate that with the new tech they could "be a lot more expressive". Idk..

Although I think they're the weakest in the series, I think the way they handled the national dex in X and Y was perfect. Only allow us Kalos mons until a few months in. THAT'S how you keep the competition balanced, as they did in the early days of X and Y.

I feel dynamaxing is an.. interesting concept; but I much preferred mega evos. Shame to see those scrapped.
Z-Moves were like a "alolan" thing, so I'm unsurprised to not see those return.

USUM weren't terrible games imo- they trumped SM in terms of content, and I feel they should've been the definitive gen 7 versions (i.e. that SM shouldn't have existed)

USUM were the definitive versions, yeah... but I feel like marketing neglected to hone in on the fact that the game was entirely identical to its predecessors up until the late midgame. So I had no problem gifting away my old copy of Moon, you know? $40 wasted dollars. From what I understand, Game Freak has to push their games out because their true moneymakers are merchandise, cards, and the anime. Despite the games being hugely popular, I believe the profits they reap are a multitude less than their other endeavors. So if they delay a game, it hinders the printing of cards, distribution of the anime, etc. It’s scummy as hell and makes me sad when Nintendo delays Animal Crossing for entirely legit reasons and the Pokémon Co. (separate entity from Nintendo) is invalidating “Gotta Catch Em’ All!” for the sake of their business model.

It's unfortunate that they have to meet this global release / quote now, meaning they can't put as much heart and soul into it as they'd like due to their "time constraints". I personally feel they should do bi-yearly releases, at least...
BW & BW2 in my opinion were the absolute peak. They were awesome, I liked using all the new ones for the main story, to then catch some national dex and transfer the oldies afterwards.

From what I understand, Game Freak has to push their games out because their true moneymakers are merchandise, cards, and the anime. Despite the games being hugely popular, I believe the profits they reap are a multitude less than their other endeavors. So if they delay a game, it hinders the printing of cards, distribution of the anime, etc.

List of highest-grossing video game franchises - Wikipedia
While you may have a point, the amount the game makes is no laughing matter.

List of best-selling video games - Wikipedia
Notice that Pokémon is six times over in the top 50 selling games of all time.

List of highest-grossing video games
and 7 times in the highest grossing games of all time.

#BringBackNationalDex

You're not allowed to have both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in your PC/party at the same time in BW2. I call segregation.

I'm honestly pretty pissed off over them removing The National Dex. My favorite Pokemon are pretty obscure, so I'm not sure if they'll make it in. I'm going to have to wait until the game's released to make my decision though, but at the moment, it seems as if I'm going to just be using Pokemon Showdown this gen. It's a real shame too, bought a switch mostly for Pokemon.

RBY, GSC, Leaf Green, Counterfeit RSE, DPP, BW and BW2, I've never played X or Y, and I also have SM & also Ultra Sun.
in terms of spins off, I have several mystery dungeon games, Explorers of the Sky, Blue Rescue Team, Red Rescue Team (For GBA).
Some others I cared little for, Pokémon Dash and Pokemon Shuffle.
I can't think of any others, I didn't ever own a gamecube so no Stadium for me. :|

...I'd rather not become one of the villain teams. Actually, I'd even work to cause the fall of each and every team by literally slaying their leaders. Who knows? Maybe they'll never see it coming.

I personally think it's a cool franchise. The only games I've ever played are HeartGold, SoulSilver, and White 2.

I like team rocket but
thinking about it from the perspective of like.. actually being in the pokemon world and not having every bit of info on each team laid out to me
I'd probably end up joining plasma with their whole "give pokemon freedom!" thing.. it would seem most logical to me at the time, however as soon as i figured out their true motives i would happily betray them.
also N is good.

I literally have a Pokemon LARP (Live-Action Role Play) that's crossover with Just Shapes and Beats (with a small reference to Geometry Dash)

Back
Top Bottom